Bo'ness United 2019-2020

We were down to go to Penicuik on 23 November, but given that the reverse fixture was one of the TBCs, I assume they'll just slot our home game in on 23 November instead. Sensible move.

So, no derby, but a similarly difficult away game against one of the likely contenders. Defeat would hardly be a disaster given our solid start in the league, but with a very tough cup tie the following week against BSC, it's important not to lose too much momentum following yesterday's defeat.

6 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

We were down to go to Penicuik on 23 November, but given that the reverse fixture was one of the TBCs, I assume they'll just slot our home game in on 23 November instead. Sensible move.

So, no derby, but a similarly difficult away game against one of the likely contenders. Defeat would hardly be a disaster given our solid start in the league, but with a very tough cup tie the following week against BSC, it's important not to lose too much momentum following yesterday's defeat.

The league did that with our game vs linlithgow.

7 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

BU V Penicuik is not one TBC,that game is on Sunday March 22 at 1215pm

On 31/08/2019 at 19:53, Casey Jones said:

Not giving you that! The third goal was no miss hit! Ten minutes before, the same guy hit the same cross / shot which flew over your goal keeper but came off the post. At that time, I thought it looked more like a cross. However, roll on the 10 minutes and Jordan does the exact same thing. Again flies over your goalie, who obviously learnt nothing from the first time. Showed to me, it was no mis-hit cross.

Second sending off. My first reaction was red card and I don’t think it was a 50/50 challenge! I do agree with you the the Burgh player was fortunate to stay on! No doubt he should have walked too. Not sure if you were the guy in the middle of the enclosure arguing with the Burgh supporter? Two of your elderly supporters behind me were moaning too about that, but soon shut up when I agreed with them about the non-Burgh sending off.

Bigwullie not happy with my comments. It’s all about opinion and even DD didn’t give it a red mark! Be interested in your own thoughts Bigwullie or were you not at the match?

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Bigwullie not happy with my comments. It’s all about opinion and even DD didn’t give it a red mark! Be interested in your own thoughts Bigwullie or were you not at the match?

There will be no red mark from me for someone expressing their opinion in a non abusive manner.............and yes BigWullie was at the match.

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Was a frustrating game to watch as the ref was useless for both sides. Think it was utterly crazy that he didn't even stop to have a word with players after the melee following the incident that saw Donnelly sent of for a 50/50 where he won the ball and was then stamped on and shoved, as well as other players having handbags (Bo'ness players included) Removing the red marks cause they are a bit OTT and was just meaning for them to mean, I don't agree with your assessment. Its just a shame that was the ref we got as at half time it was looking like it was going to be a really interesting 2nd half. 

As to arguing, I think there was spirited debate amongst fans (as there always tends to be after incidents like that( but nothing too mad. Mussey fans are up there as some of the good ones from East Lothian/Midlothian, unlike a certain team whose name starts with a T.

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

Was a frustrating game to watch as the ref was useless for both sides. Think it was utterly crazy that he didn't even stop to have a word with players after the melee following the incident that saw Donnelly sent of for a 50/50 where he won the ball and was then stamped on and shoved, as well as other players having handbags (Bo'ness players included) Removing the red marks cause they are a bit OTT and was just meaning for them to mean, I don't agree with your assessment. Its just a shame that was the ref we got as at half time it was looking like it was going to be a really interesting 2nd half. 

As to arguing, I think there was spirited debate amongst fans (as there always tends to be after incidents like that( but nothing too mad. Mussey fans are up there as some of the good ones from East Lothian/Midlothian, unlike a certain team whose name starts with a T.

Cheers BigWullie.

i am like DD, in that I am happy to debate if I think I am right and other person is wrong. I try and be as fair as I can with comments and it is healthy when we don’t agree on everything.

i did have a heated discussion with two Bo’ness supporters around the time of the melee, after your captain got sent off. I agreed that one of our players should have been sent off during that incident. By end of match, the three of us spoke in a much friendlier way. Emotions are high in some matches, but any disagreements should end with the match! 

I can agree with T! They, as a club have blocked me on Twitter, cause I express my opinion and am passionate about my team! Nothing I say on twitter should cause any blocking, but someone took the hump big time! 

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Cheers BigWullie.

i am like DD, in that I am happy to debate if I think I am right and other person is wrong. I try and be as fair as I can with comments and it is healthy when we don’t agree on everything.

i did have a heated discussion with two Bo’ness supporters around the time of the melee, after your captain got sent off. I agreed that one of our players should have been sent off during that incident. By end of match, the three of us spoke in a much friendlier way. Emotions are high in some matches, but any disagreements should end with the match! 

I can agree with T! They, as a club have blocked me on Twitter, cause I express my opinion and am passionate about my team! Nothing I say on twitter should cause any blocking, but someone took the hump big time! 

Get a room boys!! Big Wullie I only say what I see!! You were blocked by the TJ’s because opening fake Facebook account to interact with the club ‘Betty Spence’ you were the talk of the shed a few weeks ago, obsessed with everything Tranent. You’re a grown man ffs but you enjoy a health debate!!! More faces than the town clock.

Ok Wullie, a few 15 year old lads made a few poor shouts at a game against the BU’s hardly a massive difference from the 70 year old pensioners doing the same from your club every week, but your lot choose to ignore that.. Most Tranent fans would be the first to tell a fellow support to behave themselves if they weren’t playing the game. 

12 minutes ago, BigTboy said:

Get a room boys!! Big Wullie I only say what I see!! You were blocked by the TJ’s because opening fake Facebook account to interact with the club ‘Betty Spence’ you were the talk of the shed a few weeks ago, obsessed with everything Tranent. You’re a grown man ffs but you enjoy a health debate!!! More faces than the town clock.

Ok Wullie, a few 15 year old lads made a few poor shouts at a game against the BU’s hardly a massive difference from the 70 year old pensioners doing the same from your club every week, but your lot choose to ignore that.. Most Tranent fans would be the first to tell a fellow support to behave themselves if they weren’t playing the game. 

Not got a clue who Betty Spence is! Only have one face. You seem to know why I am from your comments so you know I don't hide my face as it is on my twitter account.

Not obsessed either - you will see that I had comments, particularly with Belter on here about ex-Musselburgh players now at Tranent. I said at that time, that it used to be Nitten where all our ex-players went and now it is Tranent; so  just making some points/comments. Do you think people on this forum should only write about their own club and not  about any others?

Only comment I have made in last couple of months concerning your club is saying that Skip is the best player i have seen at this level in a number of years - nothing detrimental about that.

At least I know why I am blocked now from Tranent's twitter account so thank you.. A bit silly for a club to do that but there you go. Would it not have been better for someone to message to say give it a break if they were unhappy? I talk mainly about football on twitter and obviously on this forum. I engage in 'conversation' with a lot of different people on both forums - some arguments/discussions I 'win' others I 'lose' but that is the way it goes.

Twitter and P&B is meant to be enjoyable, and yip, have a healthy debate like you quip.

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Not got a clue who Betty Spence is! Only have one face. You seem to know why I am from your comments so you know I don't hide my face as it is on my twitter account.

Not obsessed either - you will see that I had comments, particularly with Belter on here about ex-Musselburgh players now at Tranent. I said at that time, that it used to be Nitten where all our ex-players went and now it is Tranent; so  just making some points/comments. Do you think people on this forum should only write about their own club and not  about any others?

Only comment I have made in last couple of months concerning your club is saying that Skip is the best player i have seen at this level in a number of years - nothing detrimental about that.

At least I know why I am blocked now from Tranent's twitter account so thank you.. A bit silly for a club to do that but there you go. Would it not have been better for someone to message to say give it a break if they were unhappy? I talk mainly about football on twitter and obviously on this forum. I engage in 'conversation' with a lot of different people on both forums - some arguments/discussions I 'win' others I 'lose' but that is the way it goes.

Twitter and P&B is meant to be enjoyable, and yip, have a healthy debate like you quip.

Casey are you saying that your not the person who opened up the account 'Betty Spence'?

On 03/09/2019 at 08:42, BigTboy said:

"Most Tranent fans would be the first to tell a fellow support to behave themselves if they weren’t playing the game." Not one tranent fan at the time did so, and when I brought it up after the game I was accused for either making it up or bringing it on myself. That there were committee memebers and players there when this happened only makes that worse. Its 2019 and theres no place for that sort of thing in the game. I'm glad that you are able to condemn what happened as you are the first Tranent fan ive seen to do so.

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

"Most Tranent fans would be the first to tell a fellow support to behave themselves if they weren’t playing the game." Not one tranent fan at the time did so, and when I brought it up after the game I was accused for either making it up or bringing it on myself. That there were committee memebers and players there when this happened only makes that worse. Its 2019 and theres no place for that sort of thing in the game. I'm glad that you are able to condemn what happened as you are the first Tranent fan ive seen to do so.

Ive only recently started posting on P&B, enjoyed reading people’s debates so I thought why not get involved. I do remember reading the comments and I’m surprised no one pulled them. I’m sorry to hear that and can honestly say it’s not something I hear a lot of when standing in the stand at Tranent. I would say there is the odd shout that you think, that’s a poor shout, on reflection most fans have made a comment or a shout and thought afterwards, I wish I never said that. I know I certainly have! 

49 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

On a lighter note I see from Non League Scotland your ground is looking like it'll be ready come the 28th

boness23.png

I'm admiring that solitary handrail on the terracing behind the goal here, like a sort of Lone Ranger of the stanchion world. There is - or used to be - a similar on the bank at Vale of Leithen.