Bo'ness United 2019-2020

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I watched the goals again on Twitter and I'm not changing my view.     If Jordan Orru you're no 3 could pull that shot off on demand with that crosswind he would be playing for Manchester City not Musselburgh !!        As for the BU goalie not learning from the earlier strike I would confidently say there's not a goalie on the planet stopping that 3rd goal unless he is 9'6" with the reflexes of a cat.

I was in the middle of  the enclosure but I wasn't arguing with the Burgh supporter.    You thought it was a red and I didn't ……….Fitbaw supporters rarely agree on anything but that's OK.

Enjoy your victory beers,

DD - I agree with you that a lot about football is subjective, that is why it’s good having these forums, to talk about matches and whether we agree or not, continue to read/comment on future reports.

Goalie..... or he could be 5ft 6 and stand back two feet, and the save is his! Again, on a one off shot, I agree with you, but when he tried it  minutes before ..... Also, I heard Jordan has a great job, so the lure of Mussy as opposed to Manchy (??) maybe not as far fetched as you would first assume!

Look forward to coming through early October, for our first league match. Do you think your ground will be ready by then?

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

DD - I agree with you that a lot about football is subjective, that is why it’s good having these forums, to talk about matches and whether we agree or not, continue to read/comment on future reports.

Goalie..... or he could be 5ft 6 and stand back two feet, and the save is his! Again, on a one off shot, I agree with you, but when he tried it  minutes before ..... Also, I heard Jordan has a great job, so the lure of Mussy as opposed to Manchy (??) maybe not as far fetched as you would first assume!

Look forward to coming through early October, for our first league match. Do you think your ground will be ready by then?

The first home match is at end of September.  I believe your visit will be the first under the new lights.

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Jamboness had the stovies today. Looked truly revolting. Dog vomit looks more appealing and I'm sure he will suffer for it later.
#Pray4Jamboness

Anyone making good looking stovies is making them wrong, behave 

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Before today, we had played a total of  34 matches at Olivebank in all competitions..

We had won17, drew 11 and lost only 6.

You have a strange idea of what constitutes a graveyard......

You boys aren't really that good at taking a beating are you?

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

As is Penicuik and Newtown for you lot. Anyway how many of you will come through for the league match? Well done you got win you just deserved.

1 cup final out of 3 recent ones.  I'm fine with that!

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

But if RobM is who I think he is, he is only 9,  so doesn’t have a huge memory bank. 

11 minutes ago, RobM said:

You boys aren't really that good at taking a beating are you?

Away tae bed you 

9 minutes ago, RobM said:

Glitter in them in Bo'ness.

Good looking food eh, I’ve heard it all now young Rob 😂

Just a bit of ribaldry DD, pretty much know all about the record between both sides over the years but recent seasons have been pretty close between us.

Good day for us today and I'm looking forward to coming over for our game at yours, love your ground.

There are floodlights at Jeanfield.

Upto and including R3 of the Scottish Cup any 2nd attempt at a tie - whether postponed or drawn - is made the following weekend, unless both clubs agree to go straight to midweek.

Unsurprisingly part-time clubs seldom want to go midweek... in PR1 every 2nd attempt was down for following weekend; in PR2 every such except (maybe) a Penicuik v Whitehill replay (it's "TBC").

EDIT: This is 148th such 2nd attempt since cup was reorganised in 2007-08: only 30 were midweek; only 5 involved a non-league club; only 1 were both non-league.