Bo'ness United 2019-2020

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Doug Raeburn turned out for Bo'ness United for a short spell at the start of the 74/75 season.  From the info given in local paper he had been freed by Birmingham City in the summer.

Thank you Jambo'ness. That's gives me the information I was looking for. I am helping with some research on Scots youngsters who went to West Bromwich Albion and where they went next. 

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Why was it meant to be today and not the last Friday of June as-per...?

Good point.  Blame the wife if it isn't.  She said it was today and there is a fair bit of bunting in my street.

ETA  Just checked web.  Confirmed today was the date.  Driven by school calendar and the desire to hold it on a Friday.

Edited by Jambo'ness
missing info

1 minute ago, Jambo'ness said:

Good point.  Blame the wife if it isn't.  She said it was today and there is a fair bit of bunting in my street.

Was in Bo’ness a couple of times this week and there’s bunting all over the place. 
I’d heard the Fair was a week early this year but yet to find out the reason why. 

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Was in Bo’ness a couple of times this week and there’s bunting all over the place. 
I’d heard the Fair was a week early this year but yet to find out the reason why. 

See addition above.  Must admit this working from home has reduced my travels, so not seen much of town this week.

School term ending next Thursday rather than the Friday so they had to bring it forward a week

The last Friday of term is a half day for teachers and there's been grumblings for years about this. There had been ongoing discussions between the Education authority and the Fair Committee about resolving the issue. There was a suggestion that the Fair Day take place on the last Thursday of term which the committee deemed unacceptable. There was a red line that the Fair Day must be on a Friday so going for the penultimate Friday was deemed the only acceptable option.

The last Friday of term is a half day for teachers and there's been grumblings for years about this. There had been ongoing discussions between the Education authority and the Fair Committee about resolving the issue. There was a suggestion that the Fair Day take place on the last Thursday of term which the committee deemed unacceptable. There was a red line that the Fair Day must be on a Friday so going for the penultimate Friday was deemed the only acceptable option.
Assuming term ends on the Friday next year, that should be the Fair Day as usual. Meanwhile have seen something on Facebook that is good news.