Bo'ness United 2019-2020

2 hours ago, baker2 said:

Blackburn are not playing well

We didn't, and since the win at Newtown we've not been able to field the same defence two games in a row far less a settled team, and have had to rely on U20 players.

We started with three 18 years olds, a 19 year old and a 20 year old, with an 18 and 19 year old on the bench.  It's just where we are at the moment.

Bo'ness played well, but the fans don't half moan a lot!

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Us BU fans do love a good old moan Burnieman although I think we all know that over the season giving grief to referees and the assistants probably proves to be counterproductive.

Well we should have made wholesale New Years Resolution not to. However, how long would it last?

28 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We didn't, and since the win at Newtown we've not been able to field the same defence two games in a row far less a settled team, and have had to rely on U20 players.

We started with three 18 years olds, a 19 year old and a 20 year old, with an 18 and 19 year old on the bench.  It's just where we are at the moment.

It's in our DNA. 

That was a solid, professional performance today and you could see how much Craig Comrie enjoyed making the breakthrough.  He was impressive throughout and getting him signed up again is a sharp piece of business.  I would say we just need a back-up centre-half and that's the squad complete.  Kieran showed that once up to match-fitness he is going to be a key player up front.  Word of praise to Brian Ritchie too, 5 goals in 7 games now and only just getting to full fitness.

That was a solid, professional performance today and you could see how much Craig Comrie enjoyed making the breakthrough.  He was impressive throughout and getting him signed up again is a sharp piece of business.  I would say we just need a back-up centre-half and that's the squad complete.  Kieran showed that once up to match-fitness he is going to be a key player up front.  Word of praise to Brian Ritchie too, 5 goals in 7 games now and only just getting to full fitness.

Said to another BU fan just the other day about how well Craig Comrie has played this season. Great to get him signed up again.

12 hours ago, seenitall said:

Have to say was impressed by the set up at Blackburn .
Very forward thinking ending up with a great facility .
Work in progress I would think regarding team .
Great display by BIs , again a professional team performance .
Enjoyed my day .

I do hope Blackburn stay up.  Going to be a struggle but think they may just have enough but it will be close.  

If they do and keep their squad fairly intact I can see them being a mid table side over the next couple of years as their younger players develop.

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I do hope Blackburn stay up.  Going to be a struggle but think they may just have enough but it will be close.  

If they do and keep their squad fairly intact I can see them being a mid table side over the next couple of years as their younger players develop.

Whitehill Welfare win games in hand; Blackburn win their game in hand (up to 18 matches) then Blackburn go to 3rd bottom!

There are so many matches involved directly with the 7 teams who come into relegation danger:

Whitehill, Blackburn, Sauchie, Newtongrange, Dunbar, Musselburgh + Crossgates.

Supporters of the 7 sides could make reasons why their side could stay up or might be relegated. With a minimum of 12 matches (40% of fixtures), still to play for the 7; it is far too early to say who will still be playing in Premier League next season.

Edited by Casey Jones

4 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

We'll be giving it our best shot.  The Premier is a quality league, and a tough environment for younger players when you need to fill gaps to cover injury/absence.

Long way to go yet.

Noticed a lot of changes form the team that played at Newtown