Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Greetings, I wanted to ask you about a former player of the club, Jim Sinnet, I think he was a forward, but I don't know if he would be a central forward or what type of forward he was ...does anyone remember him?

Part of the Junior Cup winning side in 1984

Greetings, I wanted to ask you about a former player of the club, Jim Sinnet, I think he was a forward, but I don't know if he would be a central forward or what type of forward he was ...does anyone remember him?

He also played for Linlithgow.

Enjoyed even more success as a Manager. With Benburb, Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow

Winning the Scottish Cup and 5 other trophies in 2002 with Linlithgow Rose. Out of 7 available

Lost in the 2003 Scottish final and won it again in 2007 with Linlithgow

Now a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

On 23/07/2020 at 19:35, JmSG said:

Jim had a relatively short playing career at Newtown but he made a huge impact.  Signed in the summer of 1983 from Armadale Thistle.  The 5 ft 10 centre forward was very skilful.  He made his debut at home to the wee rose and scored in a 2-2 draw.  In fact he developed a penchant for scoring against them, scoring 10 in 10 competitive games in two seasons.

He scored 30 goals in his first season, including 5 on the way to lifting the Junior Cup.  He also scored the winner in that years Brown Cup Final.  The following season he hit another 20 goals, including a double over the wee rose in the East of Scotland Cup Final.  Stenhousemuir came a calling at the season's end.

Edited by Jambo'ness

13 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Jim had a relatively short playing career at Newtown but he made a huge impact.  Signed in the summer of 1983 from Armadale Thistle.  The 5 ft 10 centre forward was very skilful.  He made his debut at home to the wee rose and scored in a 2-2 draw.  In fact he developed a penchant for scoring against them, scoring 10 in 10 competitive games in two seasons.

He scored 30 goals in his first season, including 5 on the way to lifting the Junior Cup.  He also scored the winner in that years Brown Cup Final.  The following season he hit another 20 goals, including a double over the wee rose in the East of Scotland Cup Final.  Stenhousemuir came a calling at the season's end.

Thank you very much for the reply.

17 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Sinnet  in goal for Blackburn recently, Jim's son?