Bo'ness United 2019-2020

47 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

At shire games you can stand against the barriers at the top of main stand in front of the higher tier where directors etc sit

Cheers Alan, good to know. Will keep that in mind. 
The year before last when Bo’ness we’re away to Tynecastle, I went and stood against the barrier at the top of the stand at Meggetland because my back was killing me sitting in they wee plastic seats.

2 minutes ago, Standalone said:

The man at the top of the stairs better shift when the BU supporters  bus arrives.

If it’s me and the alternative is a wee plastic seat I’m moving for nobody! 💪

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Cheers Alan, good to know. Will keep that in mind. 
The year before last when Bo’ness we’re away to Tynecastle, I went and stood against the barrier at the top of the stand at Meggetland because my back was killing me sitting in they wee plastic seats.

If it’s me and the alternative is a wee plastic seat I’m moving for nobody! 💪

I remember that Meggetland 'experience' well.  The jobsworths who were trying to stop fans from standing against that barrier for safety reasons.  Were they expecting a surge forward when a goal was scored?

I think that game, more than any other, lost the fans' confidence in the Kerrigan regime (I know he wasn't there).

1 minute ago, Jambo'ness said:

I remember that Meggetland 'experience' well.  The jobsworths who were trying to stop fans from standing against that barrier for safety reasons.  Were they expecting a surge forward when a goal was scored?

I think that game, more than any other, lost the fans' confidence in the Kerrigan regime (I know he wasn't there).

I remember it well for all the wrong reasons. A horrible game to watch and one of the worst performances I’ve seen. In hindsight I’m sure Kerrigan would surely admit himself now he had a nightmare with his decisions that day. The final straw for the fans that day was with BU chasing a victory, he opted to substitute Comrie (who’d been the only good performance that day) for Shirra, like for like instead of going all out.

18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Looking forward to the new opponents and new grounds. Strangely enough East Stirlingshire is closest to home for me but probably the one I’m looking forward to least. Hate sitting on plastic seats in stands.

Climate change will probably quell your worries if we’re away to Dalbeattie in December. I think there’s far higher chance it’ll be pishing down but a pleasant 12c. 

Colts and  Uni of Stirling wi absolutely bugger all around the stadium as well then 🙈

Some parks havent survived a Saturday inspection.Wait till you get the midweek trips to Dalbeattie/Gretna  in winter as well. 😉

Best of luck I'm sure you will do well though. 👍

Edited by newcastle broon

38 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Colts and  Uni of Stirling wi absolutely bugger all around the stadium as well then 🙈

Some parks havent survived a Saturday inspection.Wait till you get the midweek trips to Dalbeattie/Gretna  in winter as well. 😉

Best of luck I'm sure you will do well though. 👍

Well last year we went to a field at Inverkeithing.  Previously, we've been to Heriot-Watt & had to walk 10 minutes to get to the toilets and Meggetland, new facilities but no atmosphere.  We had years at junior grounds of all kinds, so BU fans are used to differing experiences.  I'd like to think our travelling support make a difference wherever we play.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Well last year we went to a field at Inverkeithing.  Previously, we've been to Heriot-Watt & had to walk 10 minutes to get to the toilets and Meggetland, new facilities but no atmosphere.  We had years at junior grounds of all kinds, so BU fans are used to differing experiences.  I'd like to think our travelling support make a difference wherever we play.

Aye but were they midweek 200+ mile round trips in winter as we found out a few times. 😉

Dumfries and Galloway are fantastic trips on a Saturday and probably the best on the LL circuit but we just got unlucky a few times and had to suffer it when other Saturday's might've been available. 

Gretna s wee bar inside the ground is superb and if you there early enough you can catch the early tv match in the club (not associated wi GFC08)  in the car park. 

Dalbeattie is a cracking town for a few refreshments before the game as well. 👍

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Missing the Fitbaw so much I would happily take my chances watching the BU's playing any team in the lion enclosure at Blair Drummond Safari Park. #SadButTrue

FFS DD walk to the fridge and get a beer. Just think it will all be in the dim and distant past when “a real Saturday comes”. Chill. As Bob says ‘eveythin gonna be alright’

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye but were they midweek 200+ mile round trips in winter as we found out a few times. 😉

Dumfries and Galloway are fantastic trips on a Saturday and probably the best on the LL circuit but we just got unlucky a few times and had to suffer it when other Saturday's might've been available. 

Gretna s wee bar inside the ground is superb and if you there early enough you can catch the early tv match in the club (not associated wi GFC08)  in the car park. 

I’m down D&G way every so often with work so a midweek game down that way in the winter would possibly work out alright. Plus I’d have all my warm and waterproof work gear in the van if the weather wasn’t great!

23 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Ach, in my younger days I've been from Edinburgh to Watford for a midweek testimonial, so no big deal.  With a fixture list, you can plan workdays off, if need be.

Thanks for the info on other grounds, always good to know!

Just having a look at the squad and maybe get confirmation on the current situation.

GK - Murphy, Adamson (still with us?)

DEF - Jacobs, Snowdon, McGregor, Hunter, Campbell, Turnbull

MID - Gemmell, Morgan, Comrie, Nimmo, Grant, Locke, Faulds

FOR - Donnelly, Anderson, Ritchie, Stevenson, Keast, Miller, 

Anyone not signed so far ? Assuming Miller & Locke have put pen to paper.

Boheesian,

Max said in the Journal last week that they were signing a player (he was referring to Nick Locke) and "that's us got our squad (of 21 players) built." 

You have listed 21 players above so it appears they have all signed up for the season.

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Boheesian,

Max said in the Journal last week that they were signing a player (he was referring to Nick Locke) and "that's us got our squad (of 21 players) built." 

You have listed 21 players above so it appears they have all signed up for the season.

Knew that a good number had put pen to paper extending contracts during the latter part of the season but wasn’t sure about Adamson. 
Stopped buying the local paper months ago.

On 22/06/2020 at 06:09, buloyal said:

Should that not read treasurer get us over the line 🤔🤣🤣

And so it continues... 😄

On 22/06/2020 at 10:39, Deanburn Dave said:

Every £ the Tranent Treasurer gets through this scheme literally goes back to the club......again and again and again.....

What an absolute pisstake.

Edited to add:

Spoiler

Yaaaaaaasssss!! Mon the Beith!!😄

Edited by 8MileBU

• 3 weeks later...