Bo'ness United 2019-2020

What’s the score with the BUs in this COVID-19 saga, you were top and I believe we’re awarded the league title but are you going to be given promotion or is this all reliant on the LL and SPFL deciding on where Kelty play next season? Or do you face the same issue as Kelty / Brora that you can’t play the play off game?

Sure this will have been answered but I’ve lost track of what all the different leagues are doing.

Assuming that the date on the rubber stamp shows 20/21 and not 21/22 then we'll be on our travels far and wide at some time.

Thought I would just do a mileage chart - Approximate round trips from Bo'ness

Kelty                                                                                                        40

Bonnyrigg                                                                                             54

BSC ( Alloa )                                                                                         36

East Stirlingshire                                                                               14

The Spartans ( Ainslie Park )                                                        34

Civil Service Strollers ( Christie Gillies Park )                          34

East Kilbride                                                                                        82

Caledonian Braves  (Alliance Park, Strathclyde C P )       68

Cumbernauld Colts                                                                          44

University of Stirling ( Forthbank )                                              40

Gala Fairydean                                                                               112            

Gretna 2008                                                                                     216

Edinburgh University ( East Peffermill )                                   50

Dalbeattie Star                                                                               224

Vale of Leithen ( Innerleithen )                                                    90

Berwick Rangers                                                                           158

1296

Looking forward to new grounds.

Mileage wise Gretna is just a wee bit closer for us than Dalbeattie is and it's motorway all the way.
AA road planner says it takes an hour longer to get from Bo'ness to Dalbeattie.

............Bo'ness United Supporters Club bus driver will trim that 1 hour down to about 10 minutes.
#WhatSpeedLimit? #GiveWay?
#RocketRider

24 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Mileage wise Gretna is just a wee bit closer for us than Dalbeattie is and it's motorway all the way.
AA road planner says it takes an hour longer to get from Bo'ness to Dalbeattie.

............Bo'ness United Supporters Club bus driver will trim that 1 hour down to about 10 minutes.
#WhatSpeedLimit? #GiveWay?
#RocketRider

I am hoping that the game at Dalbeattie is not played in December.  When Bo'ness FC visited the Star on Scottish Combination business on 14/12/1935, it took the bus four hours to get there.  Weather was farcical, including a sleet storm but the ref thought it best to get the game over with!  At one point during the game, only 15 players were on the pitch.  One was carried off, others needed attention or a heat stimulant.

On 19/06/2020 at 14:22, Jambo'ness said:

Indeed.  In all seriousness as much as it is great news for us, it is terrible news for the wee rose.  Future promotion to the LL will be very difficult and I cannot see them topping the EOSL any time soon.  Staying in our shadow for the foreseeable.

3890B6F4-5437-4947-A6C4-A57574E1C35C.jpeg

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

Assuming that the date on the rubber stamp shows 20/21 and not 21/22 then we'll be on our travels far and wide at some time.

Thought I would just do a mileage chart - Approximate round trips from Bo'ness

Kelty                                                                                                        40

Bonnyrigg                                                                                             54

BSC ( Alloa )                                                                                         36

East Stirlingshire                                                                               14

The Spartans ( Ainslie Park )                                                        34

Civil Service Strollers ( Christie Gillies Park )                          34

East Kilbride                                                                                        82

Caledonian Braves  (Alliance Park, Strathclyde C P )       68

Cumbernauld Colts                                                                          44

University of Stirling ( Forthbank )                                              40

Gala Fairydean                                                                               112            

Gretna 2008                                                                                     216

Edinburgh University ( East Peffermill )                                   50

Dalbeattie Star                                                                               224

Vale of Leithen ( Innerleithen )                                                    90

Berwick Rangers                                                                           158

1296

Looking forward to new grounds.

Looking forward to the new opponents and new grounds. Strangely enough East Stirlingshire is closest to home for me but probably the one I’m looking forward to least. Hate sitting on plastic seats in stands.

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I am hoping that the game at Dalbeattie is not played in December.  When Bo'ness FC visited the Star on Scottish Combination business on 14/12/1935, it took the bus four hours to get there.  Weather was farcical, including a sleet storm but the ref thought it best to get the game over with!  At one point during the game, only 15 players were on the pitch.  One was carried off, others needed attention or a heat stimulant.

Climate change will probably quell your worries if we’re away to Dalbeattie in December. I think there’s far higher chance it’ll be pishing down but a pleasant 12c. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Visited Dalbeattie last April with another couple of guys for to take in a LL game,Star vs Vale of Leithen.

It was 20 degrees and the hotel at the the top end of the street had a great  beer garden overlooking the river,felt like we were on holiday!!!

Great day out had by all,theres a bar in the stand as well !!!!

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Looking forward to the new opponents and new grounds. Strangely enough East Stirlingshire is closest to home for me but probably the one I’m looking forward to least. Hate sitting on plastic seats in stands.

At shire games you can stand against the barriers at the top of main stand in front of the higher tier where directors etc sit