Bo'ness United 2019-2020

In the absence of any live football, I’ve been watching the highlights of most of the games from this season and two matches in particular stand out as defining our title win.
The first one was against Musselburgh, 3-2 down, a man down and coming back to win 4-3.
The second one was at Hill of Beath in the mud, rain and wind where we again came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 in what turned out to be the title decider.
Our team spirit during the season was brilliant.

On 31/05/2020 at 09:02, dolly said:

In the absence of any live football, I’ve been watching the highlights of most of the games from this season and two matches in particular stand out as defining our title win.
The first one was against Musselburgh, 3-2 down, a man down and coming back to win 4-3.
The second one was at Hill of Beath in the mud, rain and wind where we again came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 in what turned out to be the title decider.
Our team spirit during the season was brilliant.

The Alex Jack Cup match (won by Musselburgh) and 1st League match under floodlights: 4-3 win for Bo’ness) were certainly two fiery matches, keenly contested by both teams. Burgh regretted losing two late goals in our away match, but what it showed  (in both matches) is that Bo’ness just don’t give up and press and defend for the full 90+ minutes. If you want to be at top of league, all other teams must commit to that philosophy! 

While (in my opinion) that HoB were best team we played this season, with Bo’ness beating them home and away - Bo’ness deserved league and will surely be an asset to Lowland League, whenever this comes! 

On 30/05/2020 at 10:27, Jambo'ness said:

Deanburn Dave has his fingers hovered over the keyboard, waiting for Lowland League confirmation, so he can start a thread on their forum.

Is there any news on this? I assumed by this post, that Bo’ness thought a decision was about to be ratified? 

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Is there any news on this? I assumed by this post, that Bo’ness thought a decision was about to be ratified? 

With Scottish Football suspended until the 10th of June, i'm going to guess the SFA AGM won't be until after that date.

12 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

It was a tongue in cheek dig at Dave because he always starts a new season thread as fast as possible.

As everyone has said, we await the SFA actually meeting to make a decision.

On 30/05/2020 at 22:18, boheesian said:

C’mon 8 mile do your research. Tam Miller was an excellent right back for the BU’s back in the day. Whereas Tomas Muller never graced Newtoon.

We have actually had two Tam Millar's play for us.  One was transferred to Colchester in 1959 and the one you're thinking of appeared in the early 70's.  I do not know who we signed him from so please let me know if you have any info.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

We have actually had two Tam Millar's play for us.  One was transferred to Colchester in 1959 and the one you're thinking of appeared in the early 70's.  I do not know who we signed him from so please let me know if you have any info.

Will need to ask around but I’m sure his daughter was Club physio a number of years ago.

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Tommy Miller transferred to Colchester and later played with Dundee Un. came to BU's from Armadale Th      was brother of Jimmy Millar of Rangers fame. Right Back wee Tam came from Camelon Jrs.

4 hours ago, Standalone said:

Tommy Miller transferred to Colchester and later played with Dundee Un. came to BU's from Armadale Th      was brother of Jimmy Millar of Rangers fame. Right Back wee Tam came from Camelon Jrs.

Thank you.  Another box ticked.

47 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Aye an empty one....!!!

Well, obviously. If the box was full there’d be nowhere to put the tick. 

Spoiler

Idiot.

32 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Like your HEID.

His reply made absolutely no sense! 😂

On 04/06/2020 at 22:40, Auld Heid said:
On 04/06/2020 at 22:24, Jambo said:

Aye an empty one....!!!

You'll find unticked boxes would be empty, you utter moron.  You give the swans a bad name!