Bo'ness United 2019-2020

When George Fraser was on the Official Catch Up podcast he didn't know what the date was at the time. That was from Wednesday, maybe a decision has been made since then on a specific date. With near enough a 100 existing members as well as everyone else that would want some oversight on proceedings, must be a bit tricky to organise exactly how it will work.

EDIT: Quick look to see if anything has been said, and found this just up.

image.png.58065acfc38ef63ef82d7c3539e26735.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Congrats lads

They'll be dancing in the streets of Inverkeithing tonight.

That's the last three winners of the East Superleague now in the LL.

Edited by Ginaro

Just now, craigkillie said:

This is good news. The Lowland League is becoming a stronger league year on year, and will probably continue to do so for the next decade or so as the big teams from the East and West gradually filter in.

Correct! Sad that a halfwit minority ( @traffordab ) of the good joonyurz men still can’t seem to grasp this.

19 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

You never know, we might pick up a title in a committee room.

Nothing like being a bitter Rangers fan.
It might just be the only place you’ll win a title assuming you play FIFA 20/21. 

Edited by boheesian

23 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

There were a few teams better than the rose last season so they will need to improve to put in a challenge on Penicuik, Tranent, HoB and Broxburn etc.

My prediction is the wee rose could be up in 4 or 5 years.

Only if the WoS winner doesn't play them in a play-off

Steady on lads. 

Given that the SFA have put a spoke in the wheels each of the last two years(adding floodlights then removing voting rights) I wouldn't be getting excited until there is official confirmation your licence is being granted. 

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

Steady on lads. 

Given that the SFA have put a spoke in the wheels each of the last two years(adding floodlights then removing voting rights) I wouldn't be getting excited until there is official confirmation your licence is being granted. 

I think to a degree, most BU fans are holding back a little until the fat lady is singing.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

I think to a degree, most BU fans are holding back a little until the fat lady is singing.

I can't wait to hear her dulcet tones. I just have a slightly bad feeling about this. For all Rod Petrie's talk of room for 200 members the SFA haven't been welcoming at all to new entrants. 

38 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I can't wait to hear her dulcet tones. I just have a slightly bad feeling about this. For all Rod Petrie's talk of room for 200 members the SFA haven't been welcoming at all to new entrants. 

I said more or less the same thing to a pal on WhatsApp yesterday. Looking promising re the LL’s stance, but would it be at all surprising if the SFA were to burst the baw?

11 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I said more or less the same thing to a pal on WhatsApp yesterday. Looking promising re the LL’s stance, but would it be at all surprising if the SFA were to burst the baw?

Sfl teams will be trying their hardest. To put a spanner in the works

8 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Sfl teams will be trying their hardest. To put a spanner in the works

Yes roadblocks aplenty and all require different bits of paper all in the right order to gain entry.

To wait till June is farcical. If everything is in order get it rubber stamped and move on.

Yes roadblocks aplenty and all require different bits of paper all in the right order to gain entry.
To wait till June is farcical. If everything is in order get it rubber stamped and move on.
The cynic in me thinks waiting till June is intentional, as it removes the time to remedy/challenge whatever new obstacle is being created.

There was no reason not to rubber stamp the 6 applicants in April as planned, who had all passed the licence board audit in February as required. The licence wouldn't have been granted till June had they taken the two minutes do it anyway.

The optics (and opportunity for challenge) of saying yes in April then no in June aren't as manageable as saying "delayed" in April then changing the terms and saying no/reduced membership in June.

We'll see I guess, but no one will be surprised if it suddenly goes south next month for some/all of the applicants.

Just now, gaz5 said:

The cynic in me thinks waiting till June is intentional, as it removes the time to remedy/challenge whatever new obstacle is being created.

There was no reason not to rubber stamp the 6 applicants in April as planned, who had all passed the licence board audit in February as required. The licence wouldn't have been granted till June had they taken the two minutes do it anyway.

The optics (and opportunity for challenge) of saying yes in April then no in June aren't as manageable as saying "delayed" in April then changing the terms and saying no/reduced membership in June.

We'll see I guess, but no one will be surprised if it suddenly goes south next month for some/all of the applicants.

It was no different to last year when there were clubs due to be rubber stamped but they passed things onto the AGM to become official.

I'm going to assume this is just a similar situation where due to COVID19 there are things that they are going to prioritise over this matter. Last year i'm sure by now there was news over the voting rights motion. I would think if there was something sinister around licencing then the gossip would of done the rounds by now.