Bo'ness United 2019-2020

2 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Instead now want to go into a league against several small poor quality clubs where promotion from it is never guaranteed most likely closed even more by the top 4 leagues post pandemic. 

Uncertainty if you'll even be allowed into the sham lowland anyway even in may. 

A ground that isn't yours. 

Another club in the town with the same name as well as two official social media accounts unless i'm the boness bubble and know only one. 

No meaningful historic national non league cup that captured imagination or proper derby match that whole community got behind in the junior grade. 

Aye sounds brilliant so it does. 

Don't have to get misty eyed over a national non-league cup, since they'll be in the actual Scottish Cup.

1 hour ago, traffordab said:

Instead now want to go into a league against several small poor quality clubs where promotion from it is never guaranteed most likely closed even more by the top 4 leagues post pandemic. 

Another club in the town with the same name as well as two official social media accounts unless i'm the boness bubble and know only one. 

No meaningful historic national non league cup that captured imagination or proper derby match that whole community got behind in the junior grade. 

You really do stumble from one fuckfest to another.  Posters who do not list either location or their club are, for the most part, attention-seeking trolls.  Congratulations, we are convinced !

Now you can just f**k off and let serious fans discuss the future.

It will be good to restore a senior rivalry with East Stirlingshire.  The senior side in Bo'ness always had them as a rival.  It will be even better if we can, through time restore rivalries with Alloa & Stenhousemuir, even Stirling Albion whose forerunners were King's Park.

As long as the club doesn't over-reach itself financially, the future is bright.

...the future is orange in terms of away jerseys?

Finances are definitely going to be a major challenge next season* and beyond given the sort of backing the Shire,  Kelty and Brora have. Think some covered seating similar to what Kelty did is something that should maybe be on the agenda more than increasing capacity up to 4500, if the 5 year plan is geared towards SPFL entry.

*- All going well at the SFA AGM.

5 hours ago, traffordab said:

Urgh, you're right... Staying junior would have protected us from playing against any small clubs, guaranteed progression to higher leagues, resulted in the transfer of the ownership of Newtown Park to BUFC, prevented the formation of any other football club in the town, prevented the running of any websites or social media accounts related to the club except for those previously approved by the PolitBUro, and we'd have single handedly saved the credibility of the SJFA Cup.

To quote Homer Simpson: By the way, I was BEING SARCASTIC 

(Seriously, I think the point I'm trying to make is that the times they were a-changing regardless of what we did, and we might as well be at the forefront.)

10 hours ago, John S said:

Over the next few years with teams going up and others coming down the Lowland League will look very different, and will include Linlithgow Rose.

The League will look different that's for sure but the longer the wee Rose take to go up, the harder it will be.  They don't have the money they used to have, to be successful.  Not trying to score a point over them but by the time their squad re-building is done we could be in the SPFL!  (letting my dreams run away with me)

12 hours ago, John S said:

Over the next few years with teams going up and others coming down the Lowland League will look very different, and will include Linlithgow Rose.

A lot depends on how many relegation places there are in the LL to make way for promotion from below. If it stays at one and most of the larger WoS clubs get licensed quickly, the west champion will probably win the playoff most seasons. That makes winning the EoS and getting promoted this season potentially a huge advantage for any club that does it.

There were a few teams better than the rose last season so they will need to improve to put in a challenge on Penicuik, Tranent, HoB and Broxburn etc.

My prediction is the wee rose could be up in 4 or 5 years.

It's all about opinions baker2. Based on what I saw I just think there's younger better hungrier sides than the wee rose in the EoS Premier.

Fair point Dave! A still think when brown gets his own settled team they will start challenging again! Hopefully that starts next season!

Does anyone know the key date(s) when we can establish whether Bo’ness are up?
Will be critical for Livingston United as well hopefully.
SFA AGM in June. Decision to be made there on SFA licence applications.