Bo'ness United 2019-2020

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

See tweet just made by Kelty Hearts. Would appear to be a great news story for Bo’ness should the club obtain its licence this season! 👍

Does have its own flaw in saying that no playoff outwith the SPFL have been cancelled. The EoSFL cancelled their First Division Conferences Playoff for runners up.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Does have its own flaw in saying that no playoff outwith the SPFL have been cancelled. The EoSFL cancelled their First Division Conferences Playoff for runners up.

Yip, get that! I suppose main thing is that there are teams being relegated in the leagues, but this doesn’t apply to bottom f second division as they should be involved in play-off with either Brora or Kelty. Either way, I still see the statement as that Bo’ness would be promoted if gaining their licence, which flies directly in the face of  traffordabs comments. 

On 10/05/2020 at 11:20, traffordab said:

Heard this from several sources.

Word is the lowland have to toe the party line here as nobody is being promoted from lowland or relegated.

That right aye. You're a pretty shit troll.

Latest reference to the contingency plan for Bo’ness United to be promoted to the Lowland League in this statement today from Kelty Hearts.

Something for Traffordab to chew over!

Edited by Pyramidic

51 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Latest reference to the contingency plan for Bo’ness United to be promoted to the Lowland League in this statement today from Kelty Hearts.

Something for Traffordab to chew over!

I love a good statement and that’s a good statement!

I’d expect Bo’ness to get promoted bearing in mind what happened with Bonnyrigg last year.

On a side note  - do we expect all the LL / EoS Premier teams to survive the crisis if say football doesn’t restart to October?  Bills have to be paid and little coming in on the income front.  Could their be more promotions?

u5i1F-Hj_bigger.jpg
SIGNING NEWS We are delighted to announce that Zander Miller has agreed to sign for Bo'ness United when his current contract expires. Welcome back Zander!
6:34 PM · May 13, 2020 from Bo'ness, Scotland·Twitter for Android
Edited by Deanburn Dave

The East of Scotland Premier Division champions – who should get their Lowland League licence officially stamped at an SFA AGM next month to guarantee promotion – are a club on the rise under manager Max Christie.

“I’m very business minded as I’m a sales manager at work,” Muirhead told the Journal and Gazette.

“We at Bo’ness United have had a five-year plan in place since we started in the East of Scotland League.

“We wanted to be in the Lowland League within three years and we’ve done it within two. We wanted to be in the senior leagues (SPFL) within five years and hopefully we’ll do it within three or four.

“If we can finish in the top four or five of the Lowland League next year, the monies involved in that are night and day to where a junior club – even a big junior club – is used to. I definitely think we can be in the top four next season.”

Looking further ahead to the 2021-22 campaign, Muirhead can foresee Bo’ness challenging to win the Lowland League and potentially gaining promotion to the division currently known as Ladbrokes League 2, the make-up of which could soon change as a result of reconstruction.

The chairman added: “It would be amazing if we could get to the big leagues.

“The sky would be the limit. The last crowd we got against Linlithgow Rose was 1150.

“We’ve got a capacity figure at the moment of 2500 but that is being reviewed because we’ve still got a couple of things to do which are down to the council.

“We’ve still got bits and pieces to do that could put the capacity up more because I think it could hold 3500 or 4000 easily.

“Getting crowds like that regularly is our ambition. But if we could get four figure crowds every week we would be elated. From where we were three or four years ago to getting four figure crowds would be amazing.

There could be some derbies in there against the likes of Alloa, East Stirling, Stirling Albion. People would like to go to those games.

“I think it’s feasible to get good crowds against those teams. If we can get 1150 against Linlithgow I’m pretty sure you could get it against somebody like Stirling Albion or whoever it may be.

“The more successful you are, the more crowds and the more people will come back and see you.

“So if we get to that level, I’ve no doubt that people will start to take even more notice of the club.

They’ll have a wee spring in their step.”

Since last autumn Newtown Park has had a floodlit, state of the art astroturf surface, with a community hub gathering momentum and teams at community, amateur and junior level supplementing the top team.

“Things are looking up all over in the community side of things,” added the enthusiastic Muirhead.

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/international/ambitious-boness-united-chairman-iain-muirhead-eyeing-steps-football-pyramid-2854522

The future begins to look very rosy once the epidemic has cleared.

Edited by Pyramidic

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Assuming all goes well at the SFA AGM, it will be interesting to see what sort crowd shows up for the home game against the Shire next season. That could be the main derby game now for the next few years.

Decades ideally.

4 hours ago, John S said:

Just saw in the Journal that Joe McMeechan died. Remember Joe well as captain of our League winning team of 1969. RIP Joe.

A real character. Speaking to a friend recalling the time when Joe “innocently “ bent down to tie his laces just as the Ref was running backwards and needless to say he went over his back. The game was away from home but was it Blackburn or Linlithgow? 

I like it when a Chairman comes out and expresses a bit of bullish ambition.

In Max we Trust.
Absolutely, nothing wrong with setting a challenging target - which this certainly is! - as long as it's vaguely realistic. (Noting, of course, that our LL place next season isn't yet assured.)

It's great to see talk of ambition. This time two years ago it looked like we were staying junior, seemingly for the sake of a couple of derbies a year and participation in a once great cup competition, now diminished beyond recognition. What a difference!

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

Absolutely, nothing wrong with setting a challenging target - which this certainly is! - as long as it's vaguely realistic. (Noting, of course, that our LL place next season isn't yet assured.)

It's great to see talk of ambition. This time two years ago it looked like we were staying junior, seemingly for the sake of a couple of derbies a year and participation in a once great cup competition, now diminished beyond recognition. What a difference!

Our committee had decided to go early but the naysayers thought we should wait on boness and linlithgow 

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Instead now want to go into a league against several small poor quality clubs where promotion from it is never guaranteed most likely closed even more by the top 4 leagues post pandemic. 

Uncertainty if you'll even be allowed into the sham lowland anyway even in may. 

A ground that isn't yours. 

Another club in the town with the same name as well as two official social media accounts unless i'm the boness bubble and know only one. 

No meaningful historic national non league cup that captured imagination or proper derby match that whole community got behind in the junior grade. 

Aye sounds brilliant so it does. 

Edited by traffordab