Bo'ness United 2019-2020

On 30/04/2020 at 07:14, lowenan said:

Selkirk aren't missing this season. The league is full with 16 teams. But I agree that Bo'ness should get promoted. 

Christ your right forgotten about Berwick Rangers even being in the league 😂😂, auld age truly settling in now 

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Just read the Rod Petrie interview on the BBC website (link on the new clubs forum) and it's not looking good. Possibility of no grassroots Fitbaw until 2021. Feckin boo !!

I read this report by the University of Singapore the other day. Now, I’ve no idea at all how reliable or accurate any of this study is but it is updated and emended daily. Last I looked on Wednesday it was looking like mid August, but today suggests the UK could be over this by July. 

Either way, I much prefer reading that than any of Rod Petrie’s gloom. Hibs twat.

The South of Scotland Football League has decided to "null and void" their season and not to put anyone forward for a play-off to join the Lowland League.

That could be a bonus for Bo'ness who will now be the sole nominee to join the LL. Let's hope that the LL does accept them (subject to confirmation of their SFA Licence) and operates the league with 17 teams next season (if Kelty is not promoted via reconstruction).  Such a decision would also allow for the promotion of a third team from the EOS Conferences to the EOS Premier League next season.

Would have been Stranraer reserves under PPG so the BUs would not have needed a playoff game if they had used that approach instead. Guess they could have decided to be different and hand it to Threave as they had most points accumulated so it is still significant from that standpoint.

On 28/04/2020 at 20:18, Blowin In the Wind said:

As a very bitter Broxburn fan (or so I’ve been called) I think it’s unacceptable for the LL to not accept Bo’ness into their league for next season.

Their licence is all but rubber stamped, they won the EoS Premier and the SOS champions are not licensed.

I know there is a possibility that Kelty will not get the chance to go up but that should not affect BU and don’t want another fiasco like last year.

Are they going for a License above Entry?

From my own conversations, no Entry Level licenses are currently being assessed until later on in the year for us currently Entry Holders so they may not have a license in time for any potential restart?

Are they going for a License above Entry?

From my own conversations, no Entry Level licenses are currently being assessed until later on in the year for us currently Entry Holders so they may not have a license in time for any potential restart?

Bo'ness have already been assessed, as have 5 other clubs, all of whom passed the entry level licence criteria and were approved by the licence committee at the February licence board meeting.

All were supposed to be ratified by the SFA at their April meeting, but the SFA decided to postpone that, saying it "should" be done for/at their AGM.

There's nothing left for Bo'ness (or the other applicants) to do, having been confirmed they meet all criteria, than wait for the SFA to rubber stamp it or not.

Whether that happens, given the goings on in Scottish football, is anyone's guess. But the clubs and licence committee have all already done their bits.

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Bo'ness have already been assessed, as have 5 other clubs, all of whom passed the entry level licence criteria and were approved by the licence committee at the February licence board meeting.

All were supposed to be ratified by the SFA at their April meeting, but the SFA decided to postpone that, saying it "should" be done for/at their AGM.

There's nothing left for Bo'ness (or the other applicants) to do, having been confirmed they meet all criteria, than wait for the SFA to rubber stamp it or not.

Whether that happens, given the goings on in Scottish football, is anyone's guess. But the clubs and licence committee have all already done their bits.

Thanks for clarifying.  In that case then there should be no issues with them going up surely?

A lot of new scenarios requiring detailed once this mess is over to ensure this works better if such scenario ever presents itself again. 

Thanks for clarifying.  In that case then there should be no issues with them going up surely?
A lot of new scenarios requiring detailed once this mess is over to ensure this works better if such scenario ever presents itself again. 
I would hope not, the licence and promotion should at this point be a formality for Bo'ness and the licence for the other clubs (ourselves included, hence knowing the status) given they are 99% through the process.

Delay is understandable, given what's going on, so hopefully a delay is all it is. But who knows. [emoji846]

The Lowland League would look utterly pathetic if they complained about the SPFL denying a play-off place to one of their clubs whilst simultaneously denying an automatic promotion spot (not just a play-off place) to a club from the league below.

16 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It means whoever is running the unofficial account is a twat

Nothing at all against the boy or the unofficial account fwiw, but there are tweets made every so often that are of little or no relevance to the BU at all, so think it’s time to stop. It’s actually got more followers than the official account but has been around much longer. I think stacks of followers think it IS the club’s official account though. 

Edited by 8MileBU