Bo'ness United 2019-2020

With the latest proposal of 3 leagues of 14 no one from Highland Lowland and therefore EOS would be promoted self interest or what 
The proposal is only a preferred option of the League 2 clubs. Didn't come from the working group.

23 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

With the latest proposal of 3 leagues of 14 no one from Highland Lowland and therefore EOS would be promoted self interest or what 

No promotion from the LL doesn't automatically mean no promotion from the EOS as the LL made clear they are considering promoting clubs anyway and possibly (temporarily) enlarging the LL.

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

Didn't the eos clubs just vote to limit their own promotion places into their top league from the conferences next season? Pretty much doing to conference teams what spfl clubs are proposing here?

44 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Didn't the eos clubs just vote to limit their own promotion places into their top league from the conferences next season? Pretty much doing to conference teams what spfl clubs are proposing here?

EOS are promoting.

SPFL, unknown. L2 clubs wanting not promotion, from below.

Eos are promoting this season (2 instead of 3,  if boness don't get promoted), but have done away with a place for next seasons conferences (no 2nd place playoff promotion spot only the conference winners).

Therefore at worst 4 clubs instead of 6 promoted over 2 seasons, at best 5 clubs instead of 6 promoted over 2 seasons.

They have still cut one place, maybe 2, depending on boness, over 2 seasons.

21 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Eos are promoting this season (2 instead of 3,  if boness don't get promoted), but have done away with a place for next seasons conferences (no 2nd place playoff promotion spot only the conference winners).

Therefore at worst 4 clubs instead of 6 promoted over 2 seasons, at best 5 clubs instead of 6 promoted over 2 seasons.

They have still cut one place, maybe 2, depending on boness, over 2 seasons.

You still banging that drum thought you'd actually accepted it by now. 

Hope you're ok :unsure2:

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You still banging that drum thought you'd actually accepted it by now. 

Hope you're ok :unsure2:

It is what it is newky, just putting across an observation, and the figures I put up aren't wrong in terms of actual promotion places over 2 seasons. 😝

I find it interesting that the spfl proposing to drop promotion places is deemed wrong and portrayed as self preservation but the same thing has been widely accepted, fairly recently, further down the pyramid.

Hopefully though it doesn't delay boness or others going up the way, I dont doubt the LL will do everything in their power to do well by their clubs, new or old.

I trust you are well 😁

Fantastic player, never gives up and is a great asset for any team. Wicked delivery from deadballs too. Hopefully he can ply his trade with boness in the LL next season.

He would be hard to replace.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The rumour had been that Morgan would be over the flints at the Rose next season. .......... obviously doesn't fancy dropping down a level.

Also that he wasn’t happy playing in that forward position. More than happy to hear he has extended his contract. 

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Also that he wasn’t happy playing in that forward position. More than happy to hear he has extended his contract. 

To be fair I didn’t like him playing as a forward either. Best as a no10 or in the very middle. Regardless, glad to hear Morgy’s staying. I’ll be more than happy if we are never in a position to have to sell a first pick to Lithgy again and can tell them to f**k off every time they come sniffing around someone. Players should be taking note that it’s been a long, long time since anyone left Bo’ness for Lithgy and bettered themselves. 

(And the McLennan’s don’t count if anyone’s tempted to make a case)

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

Going with Lowland League statement today re integrity and credibility of the pyramid it would seem impossible for them to deny BU’s promotion to their league for next season .

I doubt that the LL will cancel promotion. The bigger question is whether you get your licence thereby allowing you to be promoted. 

As we've seen with the WOS today when it comes to the SFA anything is possible. 

As a very bitter Broxburn fan (or so I’ve been called) I think it’s unacceptable for the LL to not accept Bo’ness into their league for next season.

Their licence is all but rubber stamped, they won the EoS Premier and the SOS champions are not licensed.

I know there is a possibility that Kelty will not get the chance to go up but that should not affect BU and don’t want another fiasco like last year.