Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Agreed. Tremendous effort by all [emoji122][emoji122]
Like several other clubs, let’s hope we never win a league this way ever again. A total anti-climax but expected.
Craig Comrie my POTY. 

Too close for me to pick a POTY, a lot of contenders, Hunter, Comrie, Campbell, Morgan, Gemmil (before injury), Stevenson, Murphy would all be worthy of POTY in my opinion.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think if you do the PPG calculation for the SoS it is Stranraer reserves that are champions and they can't be promoted, which is why it's always 17 that gets mentioned as in the tweet above.

Expanding the league to 18 isn't a bad idea anyway, with floodlights now mandatory it's much easier to have midweek games. I'd make it 18 on a permanent basis. In that case, there is space for both Bo'ness & Threave (and possibly a third team through application if Kelty go up). I doubt that will happen but I'd like to see it.

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/Divisions

Threave 53÷20 = 2.65

Stranraer 43÷16 = 2.6875

If the LL wanted 18 then Hill of Beath (or whoever is second in the EoS premier under ppg, can't be bothered double checking) should be taken into consideration. There's a very good chance that Threave wouldn't actually want to be promoted. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Well for all the doubters about plastic pitches , they certainly played their part here .
Newtown playable when others not .
Match at Blackburn only match on .
We wouldn’t have been games ahead without them .
Considering we were top for 6 months the only outcome there could have been was to be awarded title , everyone had all that time to catch us .
Well done BU’s .

53 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the LL wanted 18 then Hill of Beath (or whoever is second in the EoS premier under ppg, can't be bothered double checking) should be taken into consideration. 

Yes it is the HoB's.    Broxburn 38 points from 19 games...….is exactly 2PPG.   HoBs had 37 points from 18 games which is just over 2 PPG.

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Yes it is the HoB's.    Broxburn 38 points from 19 games...….is exactly 2PPG.   HoBs had 37 points from 18 games which is just over 2 PPG.

Well done to all. Deserving of the title even if it's not the way everyone would have wanted.

HOB would be a great addition to the LL also.

3 hours ago, Legless said:

Too close for me to pick a POTY, a lot of contenders, Hunter, Comrie, Campbell, Morgan, Gemmil (before injury), Stevenson, Murphy would all be worthy of POTY in my opinion.

They all played their part. However I would heap a lot of praise on Campbell and Hunter.

13 hours ago, seenitall said:

Well for all the doubters about plastic pitches , they certainly played their part here .
Newtown playable when others not ....

The home defeats to Blackburn and Whitehill Welfare might be an indication that it's actually better to avoid playing when weather conditions are a leveller.  Thd PPG outcome being achieved despite those two surprising defeats shows how impressive the string of results before that Blackburn home game was.

Think plastic is the way ahead nowadays for clubs below the SPFL level because having community use through the week is a  very good thing but the old pitch was always one of the best ones for getting games played. From what I was always told it was because a lot of work was done on its drainage during a miners strike back in the 1920s.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The home defeats to Blackburn and Whitehill Welfare might be an indication that it's actually better to avoid playing when weather conditions are a leveller.  Thd PPG outcome being achieved despite those two surprising defeats shows how impressive the string of results before that Blackburn home game was.

Think plastic is the way ahead nowadays for clubs below the SPFL level because having community use through the week is a  very good thing but the old pitch was always one of the best ones for getting games played. From what I was always told it was because a lot of work was done on its drainage during a miners strike back in the 1920s.

Weather conditions played a part in a couple of games, but I think Bo’ness success this season has predominantly been down to the ‘never beat’ attitude Max seems to have instilled in the squad more than anything else. 

24 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Weather conditions played a part in a couple of games, but I think Bo’ness success this season has predominantly been down to the ‘never beat’ attitude Max seems to have instilled in the squad more than anything else. 

Agree with that comment.

Burgh lost first 7 away matches. In a few, we were winning, but played in fits + starts - one being at Bo’ness. Three - two up, Bo’ness with player down (similar at Dunbar). Two late goal in both matches meant 6pts dropped to 0!

In this league, need to commit to full 90 mins! 

They will also have the fear that it could easily be a decade before they are in the same division as the BUs again, if the licence and promotion get ratified OK, gnawing away at them right now. There's no guarantee that the LL are going to open up a second relegation place just because the WoS has emerged and WoS clubs would probably win the promotion playoff more often than not if they don't.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They will also have the fear that it could easily be a decade before they are in the same division as the BUs again, if the licence and promotion get ratified OK, gnawing away at them right now. There's no guarantee that the LL are going to open up a second relegation place just because the WoS has emerged and WoS clubs would probably win the promotion playoff more often than not if they don't.

Very good points there, making it imperative that promotion to Lowland League is obtained now.  It was always going to be harder once the west joined in.

On 25/04/2020 at 12:45, Jambo'ness said:

Very good points there, making it imperative that promotion to Lowland League is obtained now.  It was always going to be harder once the west joined in.

With the latest proposal of 3 leagues of 14 no one from Highland Lowland and therefore EOS would be promoted self interest or what