Bo'ness United 2019-2020

What have I missed is Amg still the manager 
Jings, the wanderer returns. Have you and Monkey been sharing a cell !!
What have you missed ? Well Max and the BU's are having a wee rest before hopefully there's a favourable vote that will see the season ended and the BU's being declared champions. The licence applications are still to be considered by the SFA at a meeting in June. IF both title and license decisions go our way I suspect a move to the Lowland League next season could be on the cards.......but there's way too much wheeling and dealing involved for me to be confident on that suggestion.

Like everyone else I am really missing the Fitbaw.

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Jings, the wanderer returns. Have you and Monkey been sharing a cell !!
What have you missed ? Well Max and the BU's are having a wee rest before hopefully there's a favourable vote that will see the season ended and the BU's being declared champions. The licence applications are still to be considered by the SFA at a meeting in June. IF both title and license decisions go our way I suspect a move to the Lowland League next season could be on the cards.......but there's way too much wheeling and dealing involved for me to be confident on that suggestion.

Like everyone else I am really missing the Fitbaw.

It’s actually brutal. The weekends pass without it seeming like there’s been a weekend and every day is Monday. The worst bit now is that if Wee Nippy and the CMO get their way, it could be anything up to 18 months before we’re allowed to attend matches again. 😐

49 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s actually brutal. The weekends pass without it seeming like there’s been a weekend and every day is Monday. The worst bit now is that if Wee Nippy and the CMO get their way, it could be anything up to 18 months before we’re allowed to attend matches again. 😐

Routine out of control 5 weekdays then 2 Sundays. I’m lucky I get to work outside but when Saturday comes nae Fitba, Horse racing and of course nae Pub. 
Things are going downhill fast Monkey returns and out of the Red comes Sheep. Whatever next? United win the league?

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Routine out of control 5 weekdays then 2 Sundays. I’m lucky I get to work outside but when Saturday comes nae Fitba, Horse racing and of course nae Pub. 
Things are going downhill fast Monkey returns and out of the Red comes Sheep. Whatever next? United win the league?

Same. Still out a bit with work and doing the odd Saturday cover but feels like a normal working weekday without live game commentary or score updates on the radio. A BU league title award would be of some consolation, but would rather it was won by gubbing everyone!

Fingers crossed 

League Announcement!

We can today confirm that the League has voted on the proposal and the results have now been published. We list the proposal and the votes below:

•Final EoSFL standings for season 2019/20 be decided on Points Per Game (PPG)

•No relegation from the Premier Division this season.

•To temporarily increase the Premier Division for one season to allow the two First Division Conference winners to be promoted.

•Should the Premier Division champion be promoted to the SLFL they will be replaced by the Conference runner-up club which has the highest PPG.

•At the end of season 2020/21 to promote each First Division Conference winner and relegate as many clubs as necessary to restore the Premier Division to 16 clubs.

Question 1: Do you agree the season should be finalised now?
YES – 37 votes
NO – 3 votes

Question 2: Do you agree the season should be concluded as per the Board’s proposal?
YES – 29 votes
NO – 11 votes

This vote means the Board’s proposal has been supported by a majority of member clubs which means that Sauchie Juniors remain in the Premier Division for next season.

At least this decision in our favour looks better than the Auchinleck one!
Now, we have to get the licence and see what the Lowland League are going to do for sure.
I would hope that the Lowland League will in the next few weeks announce that the BU's are being accommodated in a 17 team league for next season...... obviously that arrangement would be subject to the BU's being successful in their licence application.

1 hour ago, Legless said:

Well deserved Bo’ness, Max, his staff and all players worthy champions!

Agreed. Tremendous effort by all 👏👏

Like several other clubs, let’s hope we never win a league this way ever again. A total anti-climax but expected.

Craig Comrie my POTY. 

Not the way to win it  but well done to the manager coaches  players and committee for there hard work ~ Now the hard work starts for the committee to get there thinking caps on and think of ways to get funds in 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
2 hours ago, Jambo said:
At least this decision in our favour looks better than the Auchinleck one!
Now, we have to get the licence and see what the Lowland League are going to do for sure.

I would hope that the Lowland League will in the next few weeks announce that the BU's are being accommodated in a 17 team league for next season...... obviously that arrangement would be subject to the BU's being successful in their licence application.

Think if you do the PPG calculation for the SoS it is Stranraer reserves that are champions and they can't be promoted, which is why it's always 17 that gets mentioned as in the tweet above.