Bo'ness United 2019-2020

The thing to keep in mind is you need a licence to be promoted to the LL, you guys will have had the same letter as others from the sfa, detailing a delay in approving licence decisions.

I hope to be wrong but I smell an sfa/spfl rat when it comes to the approval of licences.

Fingers crossed for you, as well as every other club who have worked so hard to get their clubs licence ready, but nothing would surprise me with the sfa/spfl right now.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

The thing to keep in mind is you need a licence to be promoted to the LL, you guys will have had the same letter as others from the sfa, detailing a delay in approving licence decisions.

I hope to be wrong but I smell an sfa/spfl rat when it comes to the approval of licences.

Fingers crossed for you, as well as every other club who have worked so hard to get their clubs licence ready, but nothing would surprise me with the sfa/spfl right now.

I think we will all get licenses because you wouldnt get it until june agm anyway

I agree that the decision was always set for June. However having seen the letter it is as grey as my living room couch. It leaves plenty of room to change and be altered by the sfa should they choose to, particularly the non committal language used.

I did like it when it said clubs shouldn't find themselves disadvantaged by the decision, for the time being.

Time will tell though.

30 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I agree that the decision was always set for June. However having seen the letter it is as grey as my living room couch. It leaves plenty of room to change and be altered by the sfa should they choose to, particularly the non committal language used.

I did like it when it said clubs shouldn't find themselves disadvantaged by the decision, for the time being.

Time will tell though.

Remember it was last year that the SFA pulled a fast one and changed the rules, so that any new member clubs who were below tier 5 did not have a vote  (or a voice) at AGM.  That resolution was, sadly, backed by some/all HL and LL clubs.

So in theory at least, no new members will be able to influence voting unless they reach tier 5.  So in effect, the voting number cannot be overwhelmed by an influx of new members, only 42 SPFL, HL, LL plus any historical clubs with a Licence below tier 5 (although that right might be removed as well) can vote.

Usual shenanigans in Scottish football.

Edited by BMan

My point wasn't really do do with voting, i was really meaning more to do with the process of being able vote.

To get promoted to the LL you need a licence

To get voting rights in the spfl you have to get to the LL, for which you need licence, win it, then win a playoff, then win another playoff

Even if there was automatic promotion from the LL and spfl, you still need a licence to progress through the pyramid

I get the ever growing impression that the sfa don't want too many clubs licensed. They also want clubs to have a licence but don't necessarily want them to get any of the attached rights or financial rewards. Only Scottish cup entry.

In short, without an sfa awarded licence nobody goes anywhere in the pyramid.

10 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

My point wasn't really do do with voting, i was really meaning more to do with the process of being able vote.

To get promoted to the LL you need a licence

To get voting rights in the spfl you have to get to the LL, for which you need licence, win it, then win a playoff, then win another playoff

Even if there was automatic promotion from the LL and spfl, you still need a licence to progress through the pyramid

I get the ever growing impression that the sfa don't want too many clubs licensed. They also want clubs to have a licence but don't necessarily want them to get any of the attached rights or financial rewards. Only Scottish cup entry.

In short, without an sfa awarded licence nobody goes anywhere in the pyramid.

I think the problem we've seen is that the SFA has no real power in this and is swayed in a direction depending on who has the blazers. Stewart Regan being a bit of an outsider and having lots of non-league members went about trying to create the pyramid access they sought, helped by the likes of Alan McRae.

Now you've got Ian Maxwell and Rod Petrie who's main contacts are all tied to the SPFL. So are listening to the likes of Brechin City whispering in their ear about easier particular to them rather than the pyramid as a whole.

7 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Exactly the uneasy feeling I have right now. Whilst remaining optimistic, there’s always a bit of lingering pessimism given the SFA’s track record of throwing spanners in the works.

2 hours ago, BMan said:

Remember it was last year that the SFA pulled a fast one and changed the rules, so that any new member clubs who were below tier 5 did not have a vote  (or a voice) at AGM.  That resolution was, sadly, backed by some/all HL and LL clubs.

So in theory at least, no new members will be able to influence voting unless they reach tier 5.  So in effect, the voting number cannot be overwhelmed by an influx of new members, only 42 SPFL, HL, LL plus any historical clubs with a Licence below tier 5 (although that right might be removed as well) can vote.

Usual shenanigans in Scottish football.

The emboldened bit is exactly why it’s hard to get overly optimistic just now.

Edited by 8MileBU

The emboldened bit is exactly why it’s hard to get overly optimistic just now.
I don't think they are upto anything this time round. As I pointed out above, new members won't affect the balance of power anymore, although they do have an impact financially.

Just have to wait and see, the SFA really don't help themselves.

4 minutes ago, BMan said:

I don't think they are upto anything this time round. As I pointed out above, new members won't affect the balance of power anymore, although they do have an impact financially.

Just have to wait and see, the SFA really don't help themselves.

Deep down neither do I but you just never know with those cowboys.

58 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

No idea. Why do you ask?

Purely on the basis you get promoted. I know that Bo’ness were in the old Premier league a few years back after getting relegated, don’t know if Lithgow have ever met the same fate?

11 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Purely on the basis you get promoted. I know that Bo’ness were in the old Premier league a few years back after getting relegated, don’t know if Lithgow have ever met the same fate?

Ah right, I wasn’t sure where you were going with the question.

So looking good for promotion if the EoS end of season plan gets approved and the LL are taking the same approach as is being used by the EoS premier of expanding by a couple of teams to avoid relegating clubs while still accepting more teams from below. The snippet of info from Bonnyrigg Rose that bigwullieAC highlighted strongly suggests they are.

50 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So looking good for promotion if the EoS end of season plan gets approved and the LL are taking the same approach as is being used by the EoS premier of expanding by a couple of teams to avoid relegating clubs while still accepting more teams from below. The snippet of info from Bonnyrigg Rose that bigwullieAC highlighted strongly suggests they are.

Fingers crossed!