Bo'ness United 2019-2020

16 hours ago, Allnitelong said:

Nae title celebrations at Newton this year then

As "Newton" doesn't have a team, I wont argue with you there.

However, on a serious note, just look at the decision...…..scrapping from the third non-league level downwards.  If that were to be the case here, the first level 'saved' is Lowland League/Highland League.  The next saved is EOS/SOS.

So not yet game over.

• 3 weeks later...

So the expected  "rubber stamping" by the SFA licencing committee has been postponed until the SFA AGM.    I believe their AGM is normally early June but who knows when it will be this year.   Meantime the EoSFL are supposed to be having a discussion tomorrow  (Wednesday) to discuss what to do with the EoS leagues this season.  

There's various outcomes to all this.  Just have to wait and see where we are when the dust settles.   Meantime …… Mon the BU's !!!

CLUB LICENCE UPDATE

We have received correspondence from the SFA that the board has decided to postpone any decision on club licence applications until the SFA AGM.

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What contingency plan?

There is no contingency plan as far as I know.   I assumed when I read the post that the poster was merely suggesting that there was a precedent being set by the Lowland League when they awarded Kelty the title and the suggestion was being made that the EoSFL may apply the same methodology and award the BU's the title.

…………………..but with all that is happening just now with Scottish Fitbaw who the f**k knows.

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

There is no contingency plan as far as I know.   I assumed when I read the post that the poster was merely suggesting that there was a precedent being set by the Lowland League when they awarded Kelty the title and the suggestion was being made that the EoSFL may apply the same methodology and award the BU's the title.

…………………..but with all that is happening just now with Scottish Fitbaw who the f**k knows.

I’ve heard nothing of a contingency plan and haven’t the foggiest what that could even mean. 
I fully expect the EOSFL will follow suit with the LL decision to call it tbh.

The contingency plans bit is from the Lowland League statement.

http://slfl.co.uk/season-ends-with-immediate-effect-kelty-hearts-crowned-as-champions/

Furthermore, the board would like to make it clear that it feels that no member club should be disadvantaged by the current health crisis we face, and as such there will be no relegation from the SLFL in season 2019/20. We are aware of the implications for our fellow pyramid leagues, the EoSFL and SoSFL, and will announce contingency plans to cover this in due course.

Just now, falkirktv said:

I’d suggest if Bo’ness gets awarded the league they get promoted. They’ve been top most of the year. 

I think that's likely. Its just the EoSFL, SoSFL and SPFL have to decide what they're doing now. Lowland League has done what it can be declaring its champion and so have the Highland. The Lowland League now has to wait on what others decided before making a move.

Worth noting that the SoS champion on points per game would be Stranraer reserves so there would be no need for a playoff for a single promoted team to be determined, if the licence can wait until the SFA AGM based on the discretion that the LL board have on that issue. Bo'ness United would be the only promotion eligible club. Difficult to see what they need contingency plans for if it isn't related to the promotion issue.