Bo'ness United 2019-2020

My MOTM was Comrie. Major mover and shaker in the BU's first half performance. Without him in the 2nd half we were poor. Yes the weather conditions were crap but we were sloppy and lazy in the 2nd half and sooooo many misplaced passes.

Some very good strikes. Not a night for goalies.

21 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

My MOTM was Comrie. Major mover and shaker in the BU's first half performance. Without him in the 2nd half we were poor. Yes the weather conditions were crap but we were sloppy and lazy in the 2nd half and sooooo many misplaced passes.

Easy Match report DD. Bet Casey could have got a novel out of tonights game. Then again mibbe naw back of a postage stamp perhaps. 

Agree re Comrie. Having an excellent season.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Agree re Comrie. Having an excellent season.

I’ll give you that 8 mile. However, what would our best midfield selection be? Given that we are missing Gemmell- incidentally heard last night and according to the surgeon his op was a success - with Morgan, Comrie, Nimmo, Grant plus a fit Gemmell. 

We were very poor in the second half after Grant & Comrie were replaced, the passing was sloppy no one seemed to know what their job was. 

Players in the squad need games and I suppose last night was an ideal opportunity.

I’ll give you that 8 mile. However, what would our best midfield selection be? Given that we are missing Gemmell- incidentally heard last night and according to the surgeon his op was a success - with Morgan, Comrie, Nimmo, Grant plus a fit Gemmell. 

We were very poor in the second half after Grant & Comrie were replaced, the passing was sloppy no one seemed to know what their job was. 
Players in the squad need games and I suppose last night was an ideal opportunity.

For me, assuming it’s a 4-3-3, the best midfield selection would be Comrie, Gemmell and Morgan just in front of them.

31 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Bit of credit to Kieran Anderson last night too, not just for his goals.  Twice in the second half he set up Morgan who missed good chances.  Looked a lot more aware of men around him than he used to.  Once fully fit will be a major asset.

The game time with the Juniors clearly helped! Good to see the joined up approach working. Kieran looked very good last night.

From Twitter. The BU played Berwick Rangers in a closed door friendly. In "a keenly contested game" the BU's won 3-1. Mackenzie got 2 goals and Keast 1.

All arranged at short notice apparently and hence being closed-doors, though I’m sure most of us would have taken the opportunity to pay at the gate otherwise.

Interestingly, I was also advised that when friendlies are closed-door, it also means referees don’t have to process any cautions that might be given, which I don’t think I knew.

Every day’s a school day.

^^^So promotion is now very much on if form can be maintained through to the end of the season.

...I’m now pleased to confirm that after a meeting today The Licensing Committee (LC) acknowledged that the club does meet the Entry level requirements and now the matter will be referred to the Board of the Scottish FA for consideration of the membership application...

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Can’t believe the statement classed the NPA as other people .
I know that all of them have had a big input towards the licence application.
Who supplied the pitch and floodlights?
A bit disrespectful in my opinion .

Great news though so I will personally thank the NPA along with the BU committee .

Well done all