Bo'ness United 2019-2020

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see BU Juniors FC have made a couple of new signings including ex BUFC Ryan Lemetti. They have strengthened the squad quite a bit in the last month......wonder if they have ambitions to join the EoS ?

Doubt that would be allowed to happen by the other EoS clubs. They wouldn't want to set the precedent as it could be done to them as well eventually.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Doubt that would be allowed to happen by the other EoS clubs. They wouldn't want to set the precedent as it could be done to them as well eventually.

Within a couple of years they will take over the EoS version.  

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They have always said that they want to go as far as possible, stopping short of being alongside or above the real BU's.  I would imagine that other clubs have a vested interest here as they wouldn't want to see their gate drop when the BU's visit because of some fans staying to watch the Juniors at a decent level.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see BU Juniors FC have made a couple of new signings including ex BUFC Ryan Lemetti. They have strengthened the squad quite a bit in the last month......wonder if they have ambitions to join the EoS ?

Ah yes, the signing who never played or appeared on the bench.  A true legend!

2 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Carer not arrived yet?

You may not like it - but that's exactly what will happen.  They have contributed more to the improvements of Newtown Park  in 6 months than you guys had in the previous 50 odd years..!!

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

You may not like it - but that's exactly what will happen.  They have contributed more to the improvements of Newtown Park  in 6 months than you guys had in the previous 50 odd years..!!

Which just goes to show that you are an ignorant troll.  Refurbing an existing portacabin does not mean a lot in the grand scheme.  Eventually you will understand that the NPA owns the ground, not any club but it hasn't stopped the BU's making improvements this season, towards a licence.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Name them ? 

What's Auld Heid actually suggesting when he repeatedly comes out with this stuff?  That the current BU Junior committee, or part thereof, will become involved in the running of the senior club?  If that does turn out to be the case, are we supposed to be troubled by the prospect of these seemingly talented, hard-working, ambitious individuals contributing to the success of the club?

Weird thing to be attempting to wind folk up over, IMO...

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Ah yes, the signing who never played or appeared on the bench.  A true legend!

I'm absolutely certain(ish) Ryan Lemetti did appear for the BU, at least (and probably no more than) once as a substitute.  It was at Newtown - don't ask me which game though!  Main recollection of that signing was AMcG talking to the Journal not about the lad's ability but that his family had a chippie.

It was quite a nervy showing and he is, or was, quite slightly built, but that was two or three years ago - hopefully he'll do well.

7 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

What's Auld Heid actually suggesting when he repeatedly comes out with this stuff?  That the current BU Junior committee, or part thereof, will become involved in the running of the senior club?  If that does turn out to be the case, are we supposed to be troubled by the prospect of these seemingly talented, hard-working, ambitious individuals contributing to the success of the club?

I’m actually intrigued of the contributed improvements that the junior club had made to the ground? As he seems to know everything ? So he should have no problem in naming them ? 

54 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

I'm absolutely certain(ish) Ryan Lemetti did appear for the BU, at least (and probably no more than) once as a substitute.  It was at Newtown - don't ask me which game though!  Main recollection of that signing was AMcG talking to the Journal not about the lad's ability but that his family had a chippie.

It was quite a nervy showing and he is, or was, quite slightly built, but that was two or three years ago - hopefully he'll do well.

I can safely say that Lemetti never appeared in a competitive match  as a signed player.  He may, of course, have appeared as a trialist whose name wasn't released or in a friendly match for which I don't keep appearance records.

He played in a friendly against Lothian Thistle, that's it as far as I'm aware.

I can safely say that Lemetti never appeared in a competitive match  as a signed player.  He may, of course, have appeared as a trialist whose name wasn't released or in a friendly match for which I don't keep appearance records.

5 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Auld empty Heid and his obsession with all things Bo’ness knows no bounds.

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Ryan was twice an unused sub, against Kilwinning in Nov 17 and against Camelon in Jan 18. I don't have details of the friendly