Bo'ness United 2019-2020

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Now that I’ve had time to wind down and stop celebrating wildly, (and I’ll maybe get a bit of stick for this), but a little bit within me sort-of feels slightly disappointed at the final score. We had the chances to have those c***s absolutely buried 4 or 5-0 by half time and wish we had a penalty box predator to take those chances. Then we wouldn’t have rode our luck and let the Rose back into the game second half, although their improved performance was mostly due to the wind.

I reckon we all would have been gutted had the BU's dropped points yesterday.  We absolutely murdered them in the first half and were deserved winners. 

Now that I’ve had time to wind down and stop celebrating wildly, (and I’ll maybe get a bit of stick for this), but a little bit within me sort-of feels slightly disappointed at the final score. We had the chances to have those c***s absolutely buried 4 or 5-0 by half time and wish we had a penalty box predator to take those chances. Then we wouldn’t have rode our luck and let the Rose back into the game second half, although their improved performance was mostly due to the wind.

And your first half wasn't?

Wind probably spoiled the game a bit as playing from the school end with the wind was a big advantage to both teams.

Thought the funniest part of yesterdays game was the Roses well rehearsed free kick in the 1st half. What a shambles that was.  
Thing is, everyone in the Rose crowd knew who was going to take it - Owen Ronald. He takes every dead ball we have (except penalties obvs) . Every free kick, every corner from both sides... He's scored a couple but nobody knows if someone else would have scored more 'cause they don't get the chance. Half the corners he takes don't make it past the first man.

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The one in the 2nd half that came back off the bar and somehow didn't go in was a big moment.  Had that gone in, the Rose heads would have dropped and the goals could have flowed.  Shame that McKenzie wasn't able to start, because he would have profited from Ritchie winning everything in the air.

I have read both on this thread and on the Linlithgow thread that Saturday was the cliched “game of two halves” which would suggest that Bo’ness didn’t deserve to win and that Linlithgow deserved a point.

I have to disagree with that view point as in the first half with better finishing Bo’ness could easily have been 4 up at half time and to my memory Linlithgow had 1 half chance. In the second half prior to Nimmo going off Bo’ness had 3 really good chances prior to Linlithgow having the better chances in the last 15 minutes or so. Therefor to me the notion that Linlithgow deserved a point is fanciful at the very least, as I think Bo’ness winning 2-1 actually flattered Linlithgow.

I have read both on this thread and on the Linlithgow thread that Saturday was the cliched “game of two halves” which would suggest that Bo’ness didn’t deserve to win and that Linlithgow deserved a point.
I have to disagree with that view point as in the first half with better finishing Bo’ness could easily have been 4 up at half time and to my memory Linlithgow had 1 half chance. In the second half prior to Nimmo going off Bo’ness had 3 really good chances prior to Linlithgow having the better chances in the last 15 minutes or so mostly due to the wind Therefor to me the notion that Linlithgow deserved a point is fanciful at the very least, as I think Bo’ness winning 2-1 actually flattered Linlithgow.

Fixed that for you and a spot-on assessment.

2 hours ago, Legless said:

I have to disagree with that view point as in the first half with better finishing Bo’ness could easily have been 4 up at half time and to my memory Linlithgow had 1 half chance. In the second half prior to Nimmo going off Bo’ness had 3 really good chances prior to Linlithgow having the better chances in the last 15 minutes or so. Therefor to me the notion that Linlithgow deserved a point is fanciful at the very least, as I think Bo’ness winning 2-1 actually flattered Linlithgow.

Did you read the Nomads unbiased report of his day out?

Edited by boheesian

Don't think anyone has said that Boness were not the better team. As you say they should have been a couple more ahead. Missing these chances could easily have cost them a couple of points however with the Rose having a couple of decent chances at the end.

Don't think anyone has said that Boness were not the better team. As you say they should have been a couple more ahead. Missing these chances could easily have cost them a couple of points however with the Rose having a couple of decent chances at the end.

Baker2 and Specky both made comments alluding to Linlithgow deserved a draw.

Not to be pedantic, you said yourself on the Linlithgow thread that Linlithgow were unlucky not to get a draw.

I think personally that Linlithgow were very fortunate to have an opportunity to draw near the end of the game as Bo’ness should have been out of site. Nimmo going off changed the game for the last 15.

Baker2 and Specky both made comments alluding to Linlithgow deserved a draw.
Not to be pedantic, you said yourself on the Linlithgow thread that Linlithgow were unlucky not to get a draw.
I think personally that Linlithgow were very fortunate to have an opportunity to draw near the end of the game as Bo’ness should have been out of site. Nimmo going off changed the game for the last 15.
I think the Rose were a bit unlucky not to get a draw due to missing a couple of decent chances at the end. Based on the 90 mins it would have been grand larceny if they had done it.

A wee moment of reflection.  Our last 4 League games have been against HoB, Camelon, Broxburn & the wee rose.  For us to take 10 points from those games has been amazing.  The players deserve a heap of credit for so often playing through the pain but having a 'never say die' attitude.

All that doesn't mean the League is a cert though.  With half a season to go, we still need to keep a full focus.  It is a bonus that our games with Broxburn & Hill of Beath are out of the way!