Bo'ness United 2019-2020

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Proper toilets - who paid for them?

Sticking a plastic park in the middle of a shite heap - great idea. The only team in the EoS who have done very little to improve their facilities

I know you're hurting at this time (most times actually) but you really need to take in who is the owner of the ground and therefore responsible for the facilities.  Time to stop crying and concentrate on building a team around Scullion.  What a player he is!

51 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Casey it’s not over till the Fat Lady sings. In recent weeks results have been good to us. We are not blessed with an injury free squad, players are managing injuries to play and that will be true in many teams but we are there to be shot at. However I have been impressed with the resilience the players have shown.

I agree. It is far too early to say Bo’ness will win league.

Bo’ness probably will win it - but if they don’t I think HoB would.

Someone said ages ago, that Max Christie is one of main reasons for this. Taking your wording, Bo’ness more than most, have the attitude built into them that matches are ‘not over till the Fat Lady sings’.

This was amplified in Bo’ness coming back to beat Musselburgh 4-3 earlier in the season at your ground. We were leading 3-2 and you got a player sent off! Maybe the players are scared of going into the dressing room if they get beat, but it certainly ain’t happening much!

18 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Joke's on you cos they'll be worth more than four quid in a few weeks...

It would have been hard to have grudged Lithgae a point at the end (though I'm sure I'd have managed). But over the whole 90 minutes, if there had to be a winner, it was the BU that deserved the three points. Another impressive battling performance even when the game wasn't going their way - many BU teams of the past would have bottled that.

Your right. Max has them playing with belief in the game plan. We ride our luck but we keep going for 90 or plus minutes whichever. Contrary to what the Tranent Halfwit says Max wanted to come to Bo’ness because he saw something in the squad he could improve.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
You charge 7 and 5 lol

Are kids not free with an adult at the Rose ?

Ha! 😄 Wasn’t all that long ago I’d missed first half at Lithgy through work and got charged full whack for two adults and £2 a head for 3 kids going in five minutes into the second half!

45 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sorted.

Haha, cheers!

35 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

8mile is best poster on EoS - by far!!

When we were in the Juniors, used to think that belonged to JC!

Steady on now! Thanks, but wouldn’t go that far! Just know how to bam-up an arsehole fae Lithgy that’s all. 😉

ETA: He’s a top man is big @jc1

Edited by 8MileBU

Doubt that as I know most of the collectors finish by half time but don't let it stop you trying to make a good story.

Anyway, strange to fathom but yes, you could have been five up at half time due mostly to the wind but you could also have been going in at two one had Thom's header had gone the other side of the post and you could also have lost the second half probably three or four nil due to our chances and lack of yours (wait could that have been due to the wind also??)...

Anyway it wasn't and it isn't so bo'ness won and we didn't end of.

Much as I dislike you we are not good so I'll focus on that. You can worry about your problems.

5 minutes ago, Specky said:

Doubt that as I know most of the collectors finish by half time but don't let it stop you trying to make a good story.

Anyway, strange to fathom but yes, you could have been five up at half time due mostly to the wind but you could also have been going in at two one had Thom's header had gone the other side of the post and you could also have lost the second half probably three or four nil due to our chances and lack of yours (wait could that have been due to the wind also??)...

Anyway it wasn't and it isn't so bo'ness won and we didn't end of.

Much as I dislike you we are not good so I'll focus on that. You can worry about your problems.

It was brought up and criticised at the time brains!

”Mostly due to the wind” 😄

Really? I thought it was mostly due to you being fucking abysmal first half. Credit where it’s due though - Lithgy were a bit better and got back into the game in the second half. Mostly due to the wind. 

”Much as I dislike you” 😄 I didn’t even realise we knew each other. Pathetic.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It was brought up and criticised at the time brains!

”Mostly due to the wind” 😄

Really? I thought it was mostly due to you being fucking abysmal first half. Credit where it’s due though - Lithgy were a bit better and got back into the game in the second half. Mostly due to the wind. 

”Much as I dislike you” 😄 I didn’t even realise we knew each other. Pathetic.

I suspect you are fabricating a story about the entry fees charged and what time you entered the ground.

Agree we were honking in the first half and slightly better in the second. A draw may have been a fair result but where do fair results happen in football.

Edited by Bufty Boots

2 hours ago, seenitall said:

Some bad losers on here tonight .
Fact , Bo’ness could have been 5 up at half time .
Fact , Rose only came to life after Nimmo went off .
Fact , Rose had a big chance to steal a draw but fluffed their lines .

Get over it and move on .

£7 was great value to see BU’s beat you lot

Spot on.

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

You are a complete arse there is no argument about that.

Spot on. 

Specky though... 😄

2 hours ago, baker2 said:

A wee question for Bo’ness fans! Do use think you have the league in the bag?

Absolutely not and ideally I would still really like to see another player or two added to our injury prone squad. 

2 hours ago, Legless said:

I haven’t whinged about anything, I’m happy that Scullion was allowed to stay on. Think that you’ll find it’s Linlithgow fans and arses like yourself that are whinging that everything went against Linlithgow!

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, baker2 said:

A don’t think as rose fans we are in position to take the piss mate have you see the state of us recently?

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

In regard to the "will the BU's win the league" question I should have added that in Stuart "Big Game" Hunter and Ross Campbell we have the best Centrehalf pairing in the league. If either of them was to go missing with injuries our options are limited.

If any manager can get the BU's over the line it's Max Christie.

Spot on.

Thought the funniest part of yesterdays game was the Roses well rehearsed free kick in the 1st half. What a shambles that was.  

Hopefully if the game was filmed for YouTube highlights they can dub the Benny Hill music over their free kick mess.

1 hour ago, Bo'nus Ball said:

Thought the funniest part of yesterdays game was the Roses well rehearsed free kick in the 1st half. What a shambles that was.  

It was classic Chuckle Brothers "to me, to you" material.       Given the official yesterday the two Rose players involved could have been booked for timewasting.  

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It was classic Chuckle Brothers "to me, to you" material.       Given the official yesterday the two Rose players involved could have been booked for timewasting.  

Thought they were rehearsing for the next Strictly series.

Then the final chuckle was the Scullion corner finishing over the heads of everyone and a player doing a version of the hand jive in anger.

Linlithgow put 11 individuals on the pitch......Max put on a TEAM. Makes all the difference when the going gets tough.

Now that I’ve had time to wind down and stop celebrating wildly, (and I’ll maybe get a bit of stick for this), but a little bit within me sort-of feels slightly disappointed at the final score. We had the chances to have those c***s absolutely buried 4 or 5-0 by half time and wish we had a penalty box predator to take those chances. Then we wouldn’t have rode our luck and let the Rose back into the game second half, although their improved performance was mostly due to the wind.