Bo'ness United 2019-2020

5 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Nothing disgusting about a studs up challenge that saw a young player having to be helped off the pitch? Someone really is seething tonight huh?

Wullie it was right in front of us and it was a straight red, how the the Ref thought it was a fair tackle is beyond comprehension. We should have been out of sight before half - time. However, we got got the result that matters. Best wishes to Max on his foot operation.

Was a good game matched by great hospitality, day out in the rain didn't dampen the atmosphere and all the emotions that go well with a top of the table clash from two teams that there wasn't much between them overall, bottom line is final whistle and it should all be forgotten about and move on.

Good luck to Bo'ness rest of the season

It was a foul and Don should be booked wasn't disgusting though as you are putting it but it was a foul and should have been a booking.
Yeah exactly your team did their job thats what I said.

A booking??

Whether it was malicious with intent or not, it was an absolute shocker of a challenge and a straight red card all day long. Tackles like that can put folk out the game for months and in some cases, permanently.

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

A booking??

Whether it was malicious with intent or not, it was an absolute shocker of a challenge and a straight red card all day long. Tackles like that can put folk out the game for months and in some cases, permanently.

It wasn't that bad. You've been watching too much match of the day I think

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

WTF?! Did you watch the game from the moon?! Morrison’s tackle on McKenzie was barely 10 yards from where I was standing and it was shocking.

You'll see what you want to see. Call a game like it is. Did you see the number 6 rugby tackle that was malicious and was an assault 

26 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It wasn't that bad. You've been watching too much match of the day I think

Had a direct view of the “tackle” it was a straight red. How the Ref saw it otherwise I’ll never know. However, he missed a few others. Donnelly’s booking was a mystery as he appeared to suggest that he was player that was fouled earlier when in fact it was Comrie.

6 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Had a direct view of the “tackle” it was a straight red. How the Ref saw it otherwise I’ll never know. However, he missed a few others. Donnelly’s booking was a mystery as he appeared to suggest that he was player that was fouled earlier when in fact it was Comrie.

The officials were some of the worst. Twice tou got through and were.miles offside in the first half. That line couldnt keep up with play. Agree on Donnelly one. But you should have had.mpre players booked. Their was one where the ref didnt give a.foul and one of your players tried to swipe one of our players and it was lucky he got away from him. I disagree with Don's one it was a foul and a yellow. If you think that's a red then then the one where the boy more.or more or less scissors our boy down would be a red as was off the ground but it was a yellow and rightly so

Max deserves a lot of credit. 

Agreed, as do the players for their attitudes. Max would probably be the first to admit we haven’t even been playing well in terms of silky flowing football, but his man management is obviously top class as we have a squad of guys who are all bursting a gut for him, are never beat and give 100% in whatever position they’re asked to play. He’s also managing the players fitness well as we haven’t the biggest of squads, but he rotates when and where he can even though our list of players prone to injuries isn’t great. To be honest, under Max the lack of numbers and injuries are my only concern for the remainder of the season and ideally I’d like BU to have another 3 players.

I had a look at the pitch yesterday while picking up tickets, there was standing water in the goalmouth and along the nearside touchline (couldn't see the dugout side).

There has been work done since the Montrose game but its just absolutely sodden.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The corner flag area down the slope will be a giant puddle. Reckon it will be a night for watching the Champions League.

Looks grim to say the least. With the first real dry day likely to be Thursday, Saturdays game at Rosewell could be in danger. 

15 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Looks grim to say the least. With the first real dry day likely to be Thursday, Saturdays game at Rosewell could be in danger. 

Rain all week and forecast rain and snow for Saturday canny see much hope of many games on in Midlothian over the weekend.