Bo'ness United 2019-2020

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

No team is invincible in this league Casey. I thought penicuik at the start of the season. Boness are in the prime position of points in the bag and can get most points

Certainly not Alan. But if I just asked b4e who he/she thought would win the league, I assume there would be only one answer and that HoB were out of it which they aren’t.

However, looking at the league just now, Boness, Camelon Tranent Hill of Beath and Linlithgow all have realistic chances of winning the league.

12 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

However, looking at the league just now, Boness, Camelon Tranent Hill of Beath and Linlithgow all have realistic chances of winning the league.

Dundonald and Penicuik could be only 2pts behind via games-in-hand, and Broxburn only 3pts; indeed Broxburn has only lost 2 league games. They're surely as much or more in running.

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Broxburn, Penicuik and Dundonald can all match or beat the potential points total of the wee Rose.

EIGHT clubs could win this league. The most competitive league in Scotland ?

Has to be but it maybe looks that way with the games in hand. You may find some.of them are against each other and may see gaps starting to appear. I'd rather be in our position of points in the bag. We have played everyone bar our next two opponents boness and hill o beath

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Dundonald and Penicuik could be only 2pts behind via games-in-hand, and Broxburn only 3pts; indeed Broxburn has only lost 2 league games. They're surely as much or more in running.

But hibbee some of these games in hand will be against teams around them so they wont all win games in hand. All in the running 

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Could be should be would be?!?! 

I picked the top 4 teams as they have the points on board! I also picked Linlithgow as a team outside of the top 4 as they have games in hand - could have picked any of the 3 teams you mentioned but I was just trying to make a point! 

Broxburn, Penicuik and Dundonald can all match or beat the potential points total of the wee Rose. 

Spot on. Far too early to make any predictions. Every team mentioned and a couple of others will all take points off each other in the forthcoming months. At the current level of competition I think it’ll be March before we’ve any inkling of who’s in the running. A bit of me also thinks there’s even a slight chance there might even be three or four teams with everything to play for on the last day.

Spot on. Far too early to make any predictions. Every team mentioned and a couple of others will all take points off each other in the forthcoming months. At the current level of competition I think it’ll be March before we’ve any inkling of who’s in the running. A bit of me also thinks there’s even a slight chance there might even be three or four teams with everything to play for on the last day.

Could be should be would be?!?! 

I picked the top 4 teams as they have the points on board! I also picked Linlithgow as a team outside of the top 4 as they have games in hand - could have picked any of the 3 teams you mentioned but I was just trying to make a point! 

Erm... what actually is your point Casey? All I’ve seen is you making shouty posts! on the last couple of pages.

You might’ve made a good shout for the Hobs keeper being best in the league though. Certainly made a good case for that argument against us.

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Erm... what actually is your point Casey? All I’ve seen is you making shouty posts! on the last couple of pages.

You might’ve made a good shout for the Hobs keeper being best in the league though. Certainly made a good case for that argument against us.

HoB were beating Bo’ness at half time. I replied to a DD post saying that if they beat your team they were very much back in the game ( win 2 matches in hand and they’d be top of the league). 

But,  Boness come back and win and B4e comes back and says who will win the league now. I just pointed out 5 teams who still could. I agree that up to 8 teams could. Perhaps I am not as eloquent at making points quickly as others! 

Never shout 8mile. Just try to respond to smart gits like B4e who seemed to remove HoB from the equation when I don’t believe they are.

Edited by Casey Jones

HoB were beating Bo’ness at half time. I replied to a DD post saying that if they beat your team they were very much back in the game ( win 2 matches in hand and they’d be top of the league). 

But,  Boness come back and win and B4e comes back and says who will win the league now. I just pointed out 5 teams who still could. I agree that up to 8 teams could. Perhaps I am not as eloquent at making points quickly as others! 

Never shout 8mile. Just try to respond to smart gits like B4e who seemed to remove HoB from the equation when I don’t believe they are.

Fair enough, I don’t believe he was being a smart git though.

I wasn’t trying to be smart,I was merely replying to a post about HOB winning the league,we have taken 6 points of them now,I know other teams have games in hand on ya but they are not guaranteed to win those games,I’m not saying we will win the league but we are in pole position,hopefully after the Camelon game we can cement our place at the top

2 hours ago, boness4ever said:

I wasn’t trying to be smart,I was merely replying to a post about HOB winning the league,we have taken 6 points of them now,I know other teams have games in hand on ya but they are not guaranteed to win those games,I’m not saying we will win the league but we are in pole position,hopefully after the Camelon game we can cement our place at the top

Boness vs camelon game I'd say is massive a boness win really sets the tone where a camelon win keeps us right in the mix and gives others a chance to catch up

6 hours ago, boness4ever said:

Penicuik couldn’t beat Hill of Beath last season, but still won the league.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The photo of the muddy faced Hunter and Gemmell captures the mood of the game. Committment + mud + 100% = 3 points.

Missed the game today due to a good friends 70 th and the perfect result to make  the day  even better. Well done the BU’s.

What was the starting line up and Subs? Was it McKenzie with the winner?
Murphy, Jacobs (Henderson), Snowdon, Hunter, Gemmell, Donnelly [emoji2398], Morgan, Nimmo (McKenzie), Grant, Campbell, Stevenson. Unused: Adamson, Syme.

Scorers.

H.O.B: Watt ’23.   

Bo’ness: Donnelly ’80, McKenzie ’89.

8 hours ago, Scuzz said:

Murphy, Jacobs (Henderson), Snowdon, Hunter, Gemmell, Donnelly emoji2398.png, Morgan, Nimmo (McKenzie), Grant, Campbell, Stevenson. Unused: Adamson, Syme.

Scorers.

H.O.B: Watt ’23.   

Bo’ness: Donnelly ’80, McKenzie ’89.

Cheers Scuzz.