Bo'ness United 2019-2020

The BU's undefeated run in the league ended with a whimper. Goalie Andy Murphy the villain again. Why oh why do goalies think they can play football. Just punt it away, the fans don't expect any more.

Once that goal went in Blackburn settled in to "game management mode" and broke the game up at every opportunity. Blatant time wasting by Blackburn was with one exception consistently overlooked by the referee. Blackburn fans probably enjoyed watching it but as a BU fan it was increasingly frustrating. Just as annoying was the performance of the BU's today. Several of the players today we're below par and for an hour it looked like we were playing panic Fitbaw.

Blackburn in the last 15 should have scored at least 2 more on the break and IMO deserved their victory.

Best get rid of Andy then if he’s so villainous!

Some of the abuse he received from the Bo’ness support today was laughable, short memories or arseholes, not sure which applies!

1 minute ago, PastyMan said:

Would have given you more time to fetch the balls back from the Forth though 😉

Bizarrely Blackburn have beaten Bo'ness and Camelon and drawn with Hill o Beath. Much as the 3 points is very welcome it would have been even more valuable to have swapped it for a win over Whitehill Welfare last time out.

Anyway all the best, hope Keastie isn't out injuered again

Keast has had more than his share of injuries up to today was looking good. It highlights the fragility of a small squad which includes shift workers as well

The BU's undefeated run in the league ended with a whimper. Goalie Andy Murphy the villain again. Why oh why do goalies think they can play football. Just punt it away, the fans don't expect any more.  

Once that goal went in Blackburn settled in to "game management mode" and broke the game up at every opportunity. Blatant time wasting by Blackburn was with one exception consistently overlooked by the referee. Blackburn fans probably enjoyed watching it but as a BU fan it was increasingly frustrating. Just as annoying was the performance of the BU's today. Several of the players today we're below par and for an hour it looked like we were playing panic Fitbaw.

Blackburn in the last 15 should have scored at least 2 more on the break and IMO deserved their victory.

FFS, get a grip re Andy Murphy. Already forgot that wonder save he made that stopped them making it 2?

With regards to blatant time wasting; I have literally never seen a team take every opportunity to waste time from kick-off. Blackburn changed that today.

Time wasting happens at absolutely every level. Crazy to think otherwise.
I suspect the day will come when Bo'ness will have to do the same.

Blackburn players who could easily have knocked it off the pitch for a throw in unnecessarily booted the ball out the park 3 times today. At this level that's total arseholery !!

Absolutely, but doing it at every opportunity from five minutes into the game?

There and round from the pie hut.

No idea who it is but every week there are some shouts from the enclosure that really annoy me. In the same vein as someone who no longer seems to post on here, I sometimes wonder what fucking game folk are watching or what good they think berating the players will do.

Precisely. Bizarre to think that Blackburn would do anything other than to slow matters down after taking the lead early in the game. When you’re away from home against a bigger and better resourced team then why would you even consider doing anything else after establishing a lead? For me it was excellent game management and, really, Bo’ness never genuinely looked like they would find their way through an excellent back four and a confident young goalkeeper. Indeed, as mentioned in an earlier post, a little more composure in front of goal in the closing quarter of an hour and Blackburn might very well have made their small band of supporters even happier with another goal or two.