Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Ended up a lot closer than it should have been.  The ref did have a mare, missing a penalty for each side when keepers bashed a forward in the air.  Studs up challenges ignored every time and even taken in by the Dunbar player doing a 'star-jump' dive, with added yell for effect.

On the playing side, I thought the only thing missing was the passing.  Just not consistently accurate.  Good shows from Snowdon, Grant, Comrie, Nimmo & Henderson and Mooney made a good impression after coming on.

Another 3 points as the Crease-led Rose fold 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Second goal for the BU's was a Stevenson penalty. Then we were a bit wasteful. A deflected shot for Dunbar made it 2-1 and then it was a scrappy game until the final whistle. Would have been a travesty to have dropped points. Happy days.

Travesty?? Wouldn’t go that far. Ref didn’t have the best game but some of the shouts and moaning from the supporters today was laughable at times. Almost feel like there is an entitlement to get decisions! 

Travesty?? Wouldn’t go that far. Ref didn’t have the best game but some of the shouts and moaning from the supporters today was laughable at times. Almost feel like there is an entitlement to get decisions! 
You surely don't think Dunbar deserved a point today. As for the BU fans shouts and moans I agree we sometimes are a bit OTT but it's all part of supporting our team on match day.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
25 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

You surely don't think Dunbar deserved a point today. As for the BU fans shouts and moans I agree we sometimes are a bit OTT but it's all part of supporting our team on match day.

I don’t think Dunbar played great today but if they nicked a point it wouldn’t have been a travesty. 

Bo’ness a big physical team who played with an intensity, which took Dunbar 25mins to get used to. After that, I didn’t think there was much between the two sides. 

Two Centre Halves and GK looked very solid. Especially from long balls. 

Edited by #DUFC

If you're pulling me up for using the word "travesty" then I will pull you up for describing the BU's as a big physical team. Henderson and Keast are probably only 5'2". Stevenson, Comrie and Grant are also wee men. Only Hunter the centrehalf is a big man at 6'4". We have another 3 around 6' But almost every team we have played this season has had more big men than us.

1 hour ago, Bo'nus Ball said:

Any news on when Mckenzie is due back. We were down to the bare bones today. 

Heard he had glandular fever which normally takes 2 - 4 to feel better but it’s what lingers on that is the debilitating factor. Best wishes to the player if that’s the case.

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

If you're pulling me up for using the word "travesty" then I will pull you up for describing the BU's as a big physical team. Henderson and Keast are probably only 5'2". Stevenson, Comrie and Grant are also wee men. Only Hunter the centrehalf is a big man at 6'4". We have another 3 around 6' But almost every team we have played this season has had more big men than us.

Think you are slightly exaggerating but I will let that slide! Bo’ness won on the day, fair play. 

I was merely stating that it wasn’t as one sided as your comment described. 

Yesterday once again proved that no game in this division is  a cert.  We all knew beforehand it would be a tough game but in all honesty we were cruising when Dunbar got their deflected goal.  That gave them a lift but the boys rose to the challenge of seeing the game out and in fact could/should have scored when Dougie got clean through on goal.

As for us fans, sure we moan and shout but there's not a treasurer in the League who doesn't welcome our visit.

3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Yesterday once again proved that no game in this division is  a cert.  We all knew beforehand it would be a tough game but in all honesty we were cruising when Dunbar got their deflected goal.  That gave them a lift but the boys rose to the challenge of seeing the game out and in fact could/should have scored when Dougie got clean through on goal.

As for us fans, sure we moan and shout but there's not a treasurer in the League who doesn't welcome our visit.

Our last 4 league games have proved that you don’t leave early following United. 

Still need a couple of players to bolster the squad. Anybody in the Rose fire sale the we could go for. No swearing.😂