Bo'ness United 2019-2020

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Lay off BigTboy......you're only still in the game because you brought the ref with you

Lol. I actually have a lot of respect for your comments on here but Deary me. Fair play and well done but I’ve called it wrong on this performance, I thought you would win the league. Not on this performance, you are bang  average. We are a striker away from winning that game 6-2. We bossed you. Enjoy your night. 

"Bang Average" is a bit harsh BigTboy. We set up 4-1-3-2 today when I think we look better with Gemmell and Nimmo strengthening the midfield and Mackenzie giving us a more direct and dangerous striking option on a 4-2-3-1 set up. We also had several players playing today through the pain barrier which was a factor.

Superb stuff [emoji23]

I think the goalkeeper's hubristic post-equaliser gesturing being almost immediately turned back at him was Newtown's best comedy moment since the Jay Shields "2-0" game.

Let's be honest, we were some way short of bang average, but again found a way to grind out a positive result, so credit is deserved for that. Would be nice to get some of the absentees back and find a bit of genuine form though.

It's certainly good to be back home though.

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

"Bang Average" is a bit harsh BigTboy. We set up 4-1-3-2 today when I think we look better with Gemmell and Nimmo strengthening the midfield and Mackenzie giving us a more direct and dangerous striking option on a 4-2-3-1 set up. We also had several players playing today through the pain barrier which was a factor.

Ok poor comment average a wrong comment. Tranent were by far the better team. However you lads showed once again your a team who battle and don’t believe when you are beat. I congratulate you for that, for us Tranent fans we are delighted! Come through to a big club like the BU’s and dominate the game. Ok we never got the result we deserved but for me over a season the team who performs will be bang there. On that showing we will be there! Look forward to our return at Wembley compared to NFP. Park was poor, more black pelts than I’ve seen from a 3G surface. Not that it will matter to the BU’s. Balls in the air more then the newly laid surface. 👍 

Ok poor comment average a wrong comment. Tranent were by far the better team. However you lads showed once again your a team who battle and don’t believe when you are beat. I congratulate you for that, for us Tranent fans we are delighted! Come through to a big club like the BU’s and dominate the game. Ok we never got the result we deserved but for me over a season the team who performs will be bang there. On that showing we will be there! Look forward to our return at Wembley compared to NFP. Park was poor, more black pelts than I’ve seen from a 3G surface. Not that it will matter to the BU’s. Balls in the air more then the newly laid surface. [emoji106] 

^^^Not taking it well.

1 hour ago, BigTboy said:

Ok poor comment average a wrong comment. Tranent were by far the better team. However you lads showed once again your a team who battle and don’t believe when you are beat. I congratulate you for that, for us Tranent fans we are delighted! Come through to a big club like the BU’s and dominate the game. Ok we never got the result we deserved but for me over a season the team who performs will be bang there. On that showing we will be there! Look forward to our return at Wembley compared to NFP. Park was poor, more black pelts than I’ve seen from a 3G surface. Not that it will matter to the BU’s. Balls in the air more then the newly laid surface. 👍 

You never got result you deserved, why? We scored two albeit an  og but hey over the 90 minutes you didn’t  create a clear goalscoring opportunity. Your equaliser was well deserved and a well struck shot. However, our defence were magnificent and we had three clear chances in the second-half which weren’t taken and our winner came from guts and determination. Don’t have a go at the surface it’s the same for both teams and it is part of a community project.

Dry your eyes and get on with it, there are a lot of games still to go before this league is done and dusted. 

Just a wee add on we were missing a number of influential players today.