Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Yet the Linlithgow thickos are still trying to claim this development is a bad thing for club and community. [emoji4]
It's certainly not a bad thing for the community as the community club (amd other teams) will have a fantastic surface to train and develop on but not sure if or how it will enhance the senior club other than provide excellent training facility as it belongs to the npa and as it has been commented I'm sure the majority of bo'ness fans (who will no doubt still red dot this regardless) would prefer your old grass pitch ?

Out of curiosity will the (or has the) pitch be marked out for all formats - 7's / 9's and 11's as I know that this can be offputting when there are multi coloured lines all over the pitch and I post from the experience of using the Linlithgow facility.

Good luck with the facility, hope it goes well.

45 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Looks a good facility but I don’t believe that if you had the choice you would take that over owning your own ground and having your grass pitch back.

IF. A small word but once Newtown Park was back in control of the people of Bo’ness and under the administration of the NPT the next logical step was to make it into a community facility for the benefit of the town. Well done to people of NPT for their efforts despite a few hiccups on the way.

Just curious as from an aesthetic perspective you would want only white 11's pitch lines but from the community perspective then if the age group teams are using it weekend mornings then they would want the other pitches marked also as its confusing or rather not as convenient to try and use cones or markers.

As I said tho good luck with it.

Looks a good facility but I don’t believe that if you had the choice you would take that over owning your own ground and having your grass pitch back.

Hence why nobody has said that.

It's certainly not a bad thing for the community as the community club (amd other teams) will have a fantastic surface to train and develop on but not sure if or how it will enhance the senior club other than provide excellent training facility as it belongs to the npa and as it has been commented I'm sure the majority of bo'ness fans (who will no doubt still red dot this regardless) would prefer your old grass pitch ?

Out of curiosity will the (or has the) pitch be marked out for all formats - 7's / 9's and 11's as I know that this can be offputting when there are multi coloured lines all over the pitch and I post from the experience of using the Linlithgow facility.

I gave you a green one for what I think might be the first time! Finally we have what appears to be a fairly intelligent, well thought out, decent Specky post!

I’m sure normal service will resume soon enough...

1 hour ago, Specky said:

I’m told that there won’t be any further lines added, with small sided pitches demarcated using other means. 

Interesting to see if Max goes for the stenny job like he did when he was at Tranent! The rumour was that’s why he jumped ship to BU’s  as the committee weren’t happy as he applied for the job, only come clean when stenny contacted the club about compensation etc. It’s was only a matter of time before he got the chop!! He was close to getting the job by all accounts, he’s got a big affiliation with the club.