Bo'ness United 2019-2020

10 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Sucked in? Tell me more Messy. I do agree with you though we are a really good side.

Clearly sucking in those fumes from nearby Grangemouth for so many years has taken its toll. Perhaps you should consider seeking the help from one of those injury claims lawyers. Where there's blame there's a claim.

You played a clever game last season and our boys lost the head. Your a physical side and know when and when not to cross the lines. It's a compliment not a criticism. We looked like amateurish schoolboys by the end of last season's defeat at home. 

23 minutes ago, boheesian said:

It was very hard physical game against a decent side who did play some football but mainly put into practice their well rehearsed knowledge of the dark arts.

I was a neutral at the game and agree that BSC were street wise. I don't blame referee or BSC for the Bo'ness defeat, they had 4 or 5 clear chances to go ahead. I can understand why the Bo'ness fans are frustrated, they played the best football on the day.

I was a neutral at the game and agree that BSC were street wise. I don't blame referee or BSC for the Bo'ness defeat, they had 4 or 5 clear chances to go ahead. I can understand why the Bo'ness fans are frustrated, they played the best football on the day.

An excellent summary.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

You played a clever game last season and our boys lost the head. Your a physical side and know when and when not to cross the lines. It's a compliment not a criticism. We looked like amateurish schoolboys by the end of last season's defeat at home. 

Fair comment. What is interesting with some, not all junior sides is that a big part of their game is about physically dominating their opponents. When they come up against a team they can’t dominate you end up with the kind of game we had yesterday. 

44 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Not too sure about playing the best football as there really wasn’t much football played, but your right Bo’ness created more than enough chances to win the game and in the end it was our fitness levels that had more to do with the outcome as some of the Bo’ness players tired in extra time.

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

Correct on the goal scoring or lack of it. Nimmo in particular had a couple but Ian is not a renowned goal scorer - 3 in 3 in his previous time at the Club. Apart from that he had an excellent game.

Edited by boheesian

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Every club has to cope with injuries and suspensions but yesterday the lack of fresh legs in extra time hurt us. We really need another 2 or 3 players.

Yesterday highlighted that big time. Obviously Max will still be looking but we need 2/3 immediately.

It's not our Junior club. BUJFC is a completely separate club from BUFC with different committee and even a different hospitality hut.

We will both be playing at Newtown Park as will the community teams (BUCFC) but I don't expect the junior team will be giving us trialists during their season.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:
3 hours ago, Specky said:
I would have thought it would be the other way around as the juniors will be bigger than the other team soon..... emoji23.png

Soon - I think that's already occurred.

Tell me how you think that Shallow Hall