Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Mistake by Max with the team selection. Far too many changes and several players looked out of sorts. We won but Oakley were always in with a shout.

Oakley gave a good account of themselves and maybe deserved more from the game. Their wee short boy on the right was a good player. Their goalie looked decent too but I think much of that was us putting nearly every cross and free kick right into his hands.  

Speaking of goalies, I cannot criticise ours at all because of how good he is, but if you’re reading this Andy Murphy (ken yer Da’ will!), that Oakley goal today...[emoji85][emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]

BU weren’t great to watch today and I agree that a few looked out of sorts but nobody was poor. Not sure it was a mistake by Max though. Good chance for some guys to get game time and keep others fresh. If the guys missing or who didn’t start today put in a performance and get a result away to Jeanfield next week, it’ll look a shrewd decision to do a bit of rotation today.

Ryan Stevenson just edged the MOTM on the supporters bus. I though that Gemmell deserved it but there was no obvious standouts today.

Agree Gemmell MOTM.

Quite liked Ryan at right back today if I’m being honest and could see him eventually playing there in years to come.

Ryan at RB not for me better further forward  The lad McKenzie is real find for me scores goals and drags CB all over the place  and Big Andy in goals love him to bits top goalkeeper but have word with 2nd goal today 

I enjoy watching Ryan anywhere on the pitch. He has good balance, pace and can spot a pass. Surprised that there's a number of fans who just don't rate him.

Absolutely. Top player, lucky to have him. He’s often ahead of the rest of the team in reading the game.
Dreadful decision to play him at RB. Not his position and was to the detriment of the midfield and attack. Demonstrated by yet another goal from an intelligent run to the back post after he was put back into position

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Not the greatest of games but a win nonetheless.

We were a bit disjointed with all the changes. Also were a pale shadow of the team from last week but I can understand why Max wanted to give game time to some players but IMO it wasn’t necessary. A winning mentality is the way forward 6 changes was OTT.  However, we got the result. 

Some changes were enforced, with Dev on holiday and Nimmo injured.  The Stevenson experiment was just that.  Not his position but plenty of players have made the switch from wing to full back successfully.  If nothing else, it adds to his experience.  The main question was why pair Mooney with Donnelly.  If Mooney is to play, he is more useful with the faster forwards like Keast or McKenzie alongside.

Once again, team spirit won the day and if a team can win without playing well it won't be far away from the prizes at the end of the season.

As for Murphy, is he the modern-day Bruce Grobbelaar!

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Some changes were enforced, with Dev on holiday and Nimmo injured.  The Stevenson experiment was just that.  Not his position but plenty of players have made the switch from wing to full back successfully.  If nothing else, it adds to his experience.  The main question was why pair Mooney with Donnelly.  If Mooney is to play, he is more useful with the faster forwards like Keast or McKenzie alongside.

Once again, team spirit won the day and if a team can win without playing well it won't be far away from the prizes at the end of the season.

As for Murphy, is he the modern-day Bruce Grobbelaar!

Have to agree with you on the pairing of Donnelly & Mooney, it didn’t work, McKenzie with Mooney would have been better.. Surely Snowdon at right back was an easy option along with Stevenson in midfield for Niimmo. 

Anyway we got a result. Have to trust the Manager.

Have to agree with you on the pairing of Donnelly & Mooney, it didn’t work, McKenzie with Mooney would have been better.. Surely Snowdon at right back was an easy option along with Stevenson in midfield for Niimmo.
Anyway we got a result. Have to trust the Manager.

Exactly. Good management resting the old timers like Snowdon & Hunts. Spoke to Nimmo who said he just had a wee knock. Good management again seeing as his injury history is horrendous.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Andy Murphy has been a hero for the BU's far more often than he's been a villain.

Bad error on Saturday but I am sure he will get over it.

I wasn't criticising Andy.  If you remember, Grobs was also a hero more than a villain but he too had his mad moments in goal.

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Exactly. Good management resting the old timers like Snowdon & Hunts. Spoke to Nimmo who said he just had a wee knock. Good management again seeing as his injury history is horrendous.

Indeed.  AMcG used to play people even when grossly unfit, often making injuries worse.

21 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I see the BU Juniors again showing the way to engage a local community.

This isn’t anything new. The senior team has done this for about the last 3 or 4 years 

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

ECHVNiKW4AAW_Np.jpg

You forgot these names as well 

He Chong

Patrick Hausding 

Jack laugher

Kent Ferguson 

Greg Louganis 

Tom Daley 

that will be making an appearance for his services to diving