Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Two points from first two games would usually be not that encouraging but considering both were away and the opposition not necessarily a bad thing. Especially good is the fact that the team have been able to come back from being behind in both games showing a bit off dig. Onwards and upwards to Crossgates on Saturday 

Boness huffed and puffed first half, Hunters goal the difference at half time. Have to disagree with DD regards Boness looking better down the right in first half with Stevenson.
Boness looked much better when Keast came on up front, looked far more dangerous then.
Poor defensively for both Dundonald goals, both centre halves not clever in second half.
Smith conned the referee numerous times, absolute cock!

Boness huffed and puffed first half, Hunters goal the difference at half time. Have to disagree with DD regards Boness looking better down the right in first half with Stevenson.
Boness looked much better when Keast came on up front, looked far more dangerous then.
Poor defensively for both Dundonald goals, both centre halves not clever in second half.
Smith conned the referee numerous times, absolute cock!

Thought Stevenson had a much better game tonight than he has done for ages, but I’ve also been saying for ages I’d like to see him get a few games in a row playing down the right as I think for is us that’ll be his best position. Agree we were far better when Keasty came on though. An actual striker always helps.

Even though he’s a makeshift forward, I thought BU totally missed Chris Donnelly’s strength up top tonight. Loads of balls played forward into the box that he could have held up and fed others. Hate seeing Morgan up front though. He is totally wasted up there.

Thought Stevenson had a much better game tonight than he has done for ages, but I’ve also been saying for ages I’d like to see him get a few games in a row playing down the right as I think for is us that’ll be his best position. Agree we were far better when Keasty came on though. An actual striker always helps.

Even though he’s a makeshift forward, I thought BU totally missed Chris Donnelly’s strength up top tonight. Loads of balls played forward into the box that he could have held up and fed others. Hate seeing Morgan up front though. He is totally wasted up there.

Stevenson lost possession almost every time he was on the ball in the first half or put it out of play.
Totally agree Morgan wasted up front. Keasty a natural striker and proved that with his goal late on.

1 minute ago, Legless said:

Stevenson lost possession almost every time he was on the ball in the first half or put it out of play.
Totally agree Morgan wasted up front. Keasty a natural striker and proved that with his goal late on.

Stevenson was a target for abuse from the crowd and some of the players early in the first half, this calmed down but his team mates misdemeanours went without comment which I find strange.

What abuse, certainly never heard any abuse from the crowd where I was standing close to the pie stand.
I did see players getting frustrated with him, which was understandable as he kept giving possession away.
Players also got on to Hewitt in second half as he was getting caught out of position, that’s not abuse it’s frustration.
Stevenson is a luxury and games like this evening it’s very difficult to carry luxuries.

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Stevenson was a target for abuse from the crowd and some of the players early in the first half, this calmed down but his team mates misdemeanours went without comment which I find strange.

Been saying that for ages 

Thought it was a good game last night that we are disappointed not to win.  Losing an injury time goal is always frustrating but injury time goals from Boness seem to happen a lot against the bell.  Both teams will be at the top end of the league for me.  Murphy in the Boness goal was outstanding. 

Your middle 3 sometimes 5 play excellent football but having watched you Saturday and last night you defo lack a cutting edge.

Your defence will be glad they don’t play against the best striker in the league every week.  😂

55 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Thought it was a good game last night that we are disappointed not to win.  Losing an injury time goal is always frustrating but injury time goals from Boness seem to happen a lot against the bell.  Both teams will be at the top end of the league for me.  Murphy in the Boness goal was outstanding. 

Your middle 3 sometimes 5 play excellent football but having watched you Saturday and last night you defo lack a cutting edge.

Your defence will be glad they don’t play against the best striker in the league every week.  😂

Nail on the head about a cutting edge.  Played a lot of neat stuff around the box but nobody wanted to take on a shot.  That needs to change.

Murphy certainly made up for Saturday's howler.  Those two saves after we equalised saved the game for us.

I have to admit I wasn't sure of Nimmo's return but last night he put in a good performance, spoiled by the usual yellow card.

I think that Keasty showed when he came on through the middle that he can give Bo’ness that cutting edge (if he can stay fit), when he was moved wide later in the second half Bo’ness looked less effective. Right at the end he was there for that instinctive strikers tap in, exactly what Bo’ness have been missing.

I think Morgan is a fantastic player but you don’t get the best out of him by playing him up top, he’s better coming from deep.

Stevenson will be decent, however for me at this time he gives away possession too easily and games as tough as last night he needs to be physically stronger and find his man quicker, it will come, but not there yet.

I would rather have seen Hunter and Campbell as the centre half pairing last night, in the second half I think together they would have coped better with Smith second half.

The first two games haven’t been a disaster and there are positives as they look far better than they did this time last season, all teams will struggle to take points away from both Broxburn and Dundonald.