Bo'ness United 2019-2020

10 hours ago, boheesian said:

Is it the U/20’s they are playing? Maybe with a view to get a couple of players on loan.

I always feel loan players are a mixed blessing.  Often the parent club insist on the player getting guaranteed playing time and they hold the team back eg Quitongo.  On the other hand you get a real diamond eg McQueen.  You are never sure if the player you are getting is going to develop quickly enough so he is not a passenger, Marc Kelly being a case in point.  Always looked as if he was decent but took a long time to be consistent.

I thought man for man last night, there were none of the Livingston players that started would have gotten into the Bo’ness starting 11. Andy looked better than both of the keepers Livingston used, across the back for the majority of the game Bo’ness were comfortable. Grant for me looks a real find for Max Christie. Bo’ness tired in last ten minutes but apart from that created the better chances and for me dominated the midfield for long periods.

11 minutes ago, Legless said:

I thought man for man last night, there were none of the Livingston players that started would have gotten into the Bo’ness starting 11. Andy looked better than both of the keepers Livingston used, across the back for the majority of the game. Grant for me looks a real find for Max Christie. Bo’ness tired in last ten minutes but apart from that created the better chances and for me dominated the midfield for long periods.

I take it no new trialists were on show for us?

2 hours ago, Legless said:

I thought man for man last night, there were none of the Livingston players that started would have gotten into the Bo’ness starting 11. Andy looked better than both of the keepers Livingston used, across the back for the majority of the game. Grant for me looks a real find for Max Christie. Bo’ness tired in last ten minutes but apart from that created the better chances and for me dominated the midfield for long periods.

Your confirming what I was told by a former team mate of Tom Grant that he is a top signing. Need to sign another 2 or 3 to give the squad some depth.