Bo'ness United 2019-2020

I had a peek through the gate yesterday evening. I would guess that in a week's time we should have a level prepared base i.e. drainage done, levelled ground, layer of membrane and then a couple of inches of what looks like grit/sand.
I think it's then a case of putting down the replacement Pro-shock (the material that was set on fire) and then putting the artificial turf on top of it. Hopefully there isn't too much delay in getting the Pro-shock and turf delivered.

As for a date I hear different stories, most of which start with "I was speaking to one of the boys who's working on the park and he said it will be ready by ......" August, September and October have all been mentioned. Hopefully get an update on here in a few weeks.

I had a peek through the gate yesterday evening. I would guess that in a week's time we should have a level prepared base i.e. drainage done, levelled ground, layer of membrane and then a couple of inches of what looks like grit/sand.
I think it's then a case of putting down the replacement Pro-shock (the material that was set on fire) and then putting the artificial turf on top of it. Hopefully there isn't too much delay in getting the Pro-shock and turf delivered.

As for a date I hear different stories, most of which start with "I was speaking to one of the boys who's working on the park and he said it will be ready by ......" August, September and October have all been mentioned. Hopefully get an update on here in a few weeks.
I spoke to the site agent the day of the fire. They were expecting early completion by the end if July but didn't know how long that would be put back after the fire.

2 hours ago, twoinarow said:
6 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I spoke to the site agent the day of the fire. They were expecting early completion by the end if July but didn't know how long that would be put back after the fire.

The fire didn’t hamper the ongoing work as the photographs on Tuesday showed the state that the ground was in and the following morning around 11 am the next day the hard core at the east end covered two thirds of that half of the ground. The only delay that could happen could be on the delivery of replacement rolls of the cushion membrane.

Bo'ness United Junior FC were officially accepted into the ERSJFA today. Saying there will be "exciting announcements" in the next few days.
Best of luck to them in their Junior endeavours.
I understand they've had to change their name to:-

Bo'ness United Junior 'we aren't in any way related to the former junior club of the same name that left to go senior' FC

I understand they've had to change their name to:-

Bo'ness United Junior 'we aren't in any way related to the former junior club of the same name that left to go senior' FC
* although some will make out we are the exact same club...

Jamboness will be delighted to hear that Jason Cropley has left Haddington and joined Dunbar. More or less guarantees Jamboness will be able to shout profanities to his hearts content at least twice next season.

Is that Jordan’s brother? He the better one?

Read on the unofficial BU website that all proceeds from sales at the Barracuda Fish and Chip shop on Wednesday 19June will go to the Bo'ness Children's Fair Festival.
I will be giving it my full support......with salt and sauce.

Be good if some more local businesses could get behind the team as well. More-so than the Fair Day.

21 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Read on the unofficial BU website that all proceeds from sales at the Barracuda Fish and Chip shop on Wednesday 19June will go to the Bo'ness Children's Fair Festival.

They have been brilliant for club and community since coming to the town.

A bit off topic.

It was brilliant to see Kinneil at the Marches today.

Given recent events - they looked ragamuffin to their normal sharp selves (no offence meant)

A borrowed snare drum from the Reed Band.

But everyone in the band was superb and it was great to see them being roundly applauded by the people of Linlithgow.

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

A bit off topic.

It was brilliant to see Kinneil at the Marches today.

Given recent events - they looked ragamuffin to their normal sharp selves (no offence meant)

A borrowed snare drum from the Reed Band.

But everyone in the band was superb and it was great to see them being roundly applauded by the people of Linlithgow.

The applause continued right out to the brig. 

Did my bit for the Bo'ness Fair by having an excellent fish supper from the Barracuda. Bit baffled by the fact they are selling them at a far cheaper than normal price so add excellent value to superb deliciousness !!