Bo'ness United 2019-2020

59 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Two laddies in custody apparently.but could be the usual arms and legs effect.

Yes 2 laddies  was told there names but not for me to name them little b*****ds 

It is arson from what I’m hearing. Apparently workmen seen Academy age kids doing it and they were supposedly also seen running away. I’ve also heard either the kids themselves or someone else had filmed them setting the fire or running away on Snapchat. Again though, all just what I’ve heard but can’t confirm.

Sad to hear as they’ll no doubt be local lads with no respect for the time and effort put into running the towns team. Hope they throw the book at the wee fuds if it’s arson.

According to Edinburgh Live the interior and contents of the band hall has been destroyed but the football ground has escaped the worst. It says the fire began in rolls of astroturf but it might be inaccurate:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/were-devastated-beyond-words-historic-16379440

EDIT: As it happens people doing a charity tour of every football venue in Scotland were at Bo'ness yesterday, their pic seems to show rolls of drainage underlay by hall:

D8IwXnZWwAAVTRo.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

According to Edinburgh Live the interior and contents of the band hall has been destroyed but the football ground has escaped the worst. It says the fire began in rolls of astroturf but it might be inaccurate:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/were-devastated-beyond-words-historic-16379440
With a criminal case pending - hopefully this doesn't cause issues leading to the delay of work.

Insurance companies may not settle until such time as criminal proceedings and liability established.

The town is clearly very proud of the football team but also its two brass bands who are both in the top 75 in the world. No other town or city anywhere in the world can boast that.

A very sad day for the town, and nice to see that the band is also in the thoughts of those on this forum.

The town is clearly very proud of the football team but also its two brass bands who are both in the top 75 in the world. No other town or city anywhere in the world can boast that.

A very sad day for the town, and nice to see that the band is also in the thoughts of those on this forum.

Most definitely

The Newtown Park Association Facebook page has just put up a statement. Can't copy it on here but it says that several rolls of foam based material (shockpad) was ignited and the fire spread to Kinneil band hall. They say that as it's currently subject to a police investigation they cannot comment further.

Cut and paste of the Facebook entry:-
As you are aware today an incident occurred within the confines of Newtown Park which resulted in a fire breaking out at the Linlithgow Road entrance where several roles material (shock pad) for the new pitch were being stored ready to be installed on the pitch.. The material which is foam based, was ignited and the resultant fire spread to Kinneil Band Hall. As the incident is the subject of a Police investigation N.P.A are unable to comment further on the matter at this stage, however everyone associated with Newtown Park is shocked and feel deeply for the members and committee of Kinneil Band with regard to the damage to their practice hall and any loss of equipment. As stated previously we are unable to comment further on the incident however everyone must be grateful that their was no injury or loss of life to personnel,in different circumstance this could have been real possibility.

Particularly sad with the Bo'ness Fair, the Marches and various gala days coming up very soon. Hopefully they can beg and borrow from other local bands any instruments they need to keep going, they'd be very sadly missed at their usual events. My missus plays in the Linlithgow Reed band and I know how upset she'd be if this happened to them.

If there's a fundraiser I'm sure lots of us would chip in.

Particularly sad with the Bo'ness Fair, the Marches and various gala days coming up very soon. Hopefully they can beg and borrow from other local bands any instruments they need to keep going, they'd be very sadly missed at their usual events. My missus plays in the Linlithgow Reed band and I know how upset she'd be if this happened to them.

If there's a fundraiser I'm sure lots of us would chip in.

My wife mentioned earlier she’d seen another brass band had posted online (forget who/where from) making a very kind offer to support and lend instruments where possible.