Bo'ness United 2019-2020

On 31/05/2019 at 08:37, Auld Heid said:

Keep up - Gemmel was announced on our FB page last night - to mixed emotions. 

They better get several thousand pounds out their bank account because both are signed players ! Show us the money!  Must have got a lot more charging your own supporters more during the week lol :thumsup2:shutup

They better get several thousand pounds out their bank account because both are signed players ! Show us the money!  Must have got a lot more charging your own supporters more during the week lol :thumsup2:shutup

Was a pretty poor turn out given the attendance figures being quoted up there this season. Not sure if the increased gate price on Wednesday had anything to do with it.

“B-b-b-but under 16s get in free though!”
I think there might’ve been 20 under 16s in attendance if you’re lucky.

Also, for a semi-final, was a really quiet support only increasing in volume to shout criticisms.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I am a tad confused - not difficult I know - but Linlithgow Thistle have just changed their name to Linlithgow United Junior Football Club.

Think you mean Bo'ness United JFC. So now on twitter there's that one, plus accounts for the official Bo'ness United, the unofficial one, and the community club.

More importantly, any update pics of the ground redevelopment?

Think you mean Bo'ness United JFC. So now on twitter there's that one, plus accounts for the official Bo'ness United, the unofficial one, and the community club.
Their FB page has changed to Linlithgow United this afternoon.

8 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Their FB page has changed to Linlithgow United this afternoon.

Probably because FB won't allow them to change it to Bo'ness United straightaway or something

Edited by Ginaro

I am a tad confused - not difficult I know - but Linlithgow Thistle have just changed their name to Linlithgow United Junior Football Club.
Well we are both confused as I wondered exactly the same.

7 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Well we are both confused as I wondered exactly the same.

Facebook won’t allow a page name to be changed if it is substantially different. You can appeal but not a high success rate and can take time. A way round is to change it in phases. Seen it done before. Username in Facebook is @BonessUnitedJFC. Twitter allows a full change and they’ve done it on there.

I hear you 8Mile but I really think it's the only way forward for Newtown Park and the BU's.

As a football fan foremost, it will always seem a bit of a waste seeing a proper grass pitch that’s long been one of the best and also robust surfaces in the Juniors/EOS torn up for a plastic pitch no BU/football fan really wants. But I completely agree. It IS the way forward for Newtown/BU.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

As a football fan foremost, it will always seem a bit of a waste seeing a proper grass pitch that’s long been one of the best and also robust surfaces in the Juniors/EOS torn up for a plastic pitch no BU/football fan really wants. But I completely agree. It IS the way forward for Newtown/BU.

Always feel plastic pitches rip the heart from a park - and you often end up with a souless environment more akin to a training facility that a football park.  Albeit I fully understand the logic behind this.

Always feel plastic pitches rip the heart from a park - and you often end up with a souless environment more akin to a training facility that a football park.  Albeit I fully understand the logic behind this.

You have a point if its a 3g cage, but in an established ground you wont even notice the difference unless you want to.

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I concur I also think players do not like them and could possibly hamper signings

49 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I concur I also think players do not like them and could possibly hamper signings

Have to argue with that one.  It's not stopped Broxburn putting a decent team together these last few years.

Many younger players only get the chance to play on artificial surfaces, so not going to stop them signing.  Only ones it may prevent are those that are over the hill with knee problems already.  If that stops them signing, thank God!

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Have to argue with that one.  It's not stopped Broxburn putting a decent team together these last few years.

Many younger players only get the chance to play on artificial surfaces, so not going to stop them signing.  Only ones it may prevent are those that are over the hill with knee problems already.  If that stops them signing, thank God!

Apparently after the Dunipace match one of the older players was impressed by the surface which I’ve heard is the same being laid at Newtown.