Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Common knowledge, I suppose, that Ryan Stevenson has been freed by Raith.  Comments I've read from their fans are ones of disappointment and expectation of him moving up the leagues.

Not sure if Max sees him as a target or not.

Would be a great signing anybody that doesn’t knows f**k all about football The thought that we are blessed with players that have an eye for a pass and set up goals and score goals is ridiculous 

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I would really like to see him sign for the BU's but there's a number of BU posters who aren't too enthusiastic about him.

They’re weren’t enthusiastic with Donnelly McFadyen etc when they signed  and they turned out to be BU greats  Max wants the boy so in max we trust 

Would be a great signing anybody that doesn’t knows f**k all about football The thought that we are blessed with players that have an eye for a pass and set up goals and score goals is ridiculous 

What makes you the font of all knowledge on football? I have read many of your comments and quite honestly the day I take your opinion on football seriously is the day I stop watching football.
Like most empty vessels you make a lot of noise and know very little.

They’re weren’t enthusiastic with Donnelly McFadyen etc when they signed  and they turned out to be BU greats  Max wants the boy so in max we trust 

Don’t know anyone who wasn’t happy about either of those mentioned when they signed. McFadyen especially, who most folk knew was a class player.

As for Ryan, I think he’d be a very good signing, but he needs to find and play his best position, be a lot more vocal and a lot braver.

1 hour ago, Legless said:

What makes you the font of all knowledge on football? I have read many of your comments and quite honestly the day I take your opinion on football seriously is the day I stop watching football.
Like most empty vessels you make a lot of noise and know very little.

Good to know 

Heard that there's several new faces turning up at the recent BU training sessions. Whether or not Max is checking them out for the BU's or just keeping them fit because he is their agent remains to be seen .

Kieran McGachie has been one of the faces.

1 hour ago, leftbehind said:

What about an update on the ground renovations with some photos just to see what to expect when we come visiting next season.

Last I looked on Friday morning, big Malcolm trucks removing the last of the earth that had been dug up.  Surface getting flattened as they go and a whole bunch of covered rolls (not bacon ones) were stacked up.  Certainly appears to be going well.

34 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Last I looked on Friday morning, big Malcolm trucks removing the last of the earth that had been dug up.  Surface getting flattened as they go and a whole bunch of covered rolls (not bacon ones) were stacked up.  Certainly appears to be going well.

Will it be ready for the start of the season or will you start the season at camelon

14 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hearing different things from different people. "Three weeks ahead of schedule" and "be ready for the start of October" are the two extremes.

Your work started before dunipace as you started end of March theirs was may and was september they played first game. Surely September would be about right.

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Will it be ready for the start of the season or will you start the season at camelon

Will certainly start at Camelon but apparently a lot depends on the weather as to how quick its done.  We also have to factor the work on floodlights too, which I would do before any pitch laid.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Your work started before dunipace as you started end of March theirs was may and was september they played first game. Surely September would be about right.

Actual work on the Newtown Park pitch didn't start until 29th April though.

Gutted to see Marty go, while he hadn't hit the same heights under Christie still one of the most consistently hardworking players we've had in the last couple seasons. Best of luck to him at Cumbernauld Colts. Get Ryan Stevenson signed up ASAP