Blue cafu

Who picks the managers for select sides over last 3/4 year been very poor surly the old boys at sandys Steven an acky deserve a shot as won 5 leagues.. past managers, Mackay,McCall An dins not won league with any their teams  what’s your thoughts guys 

3 hours ago, Blue cafu said:

Who picks the managers for select sides over last 3/4 year been very poor surly the old boys at sandys Steven an acky deserve a shot as won 5 leagues.. past managers, Mackay,McCall An dins not won league with any their teams  what’s your thoughts guys 

Believe it or not mate, it’s not a sought after position and there aren’t a lot of people clambering for it. 

It suited me because I couldn’t commit this season to every week but I can see what people don’t want it having just experienced it. 

You get no thanks, you definitely can’t please everyone and everybody else can do a better job. Before I done it, I said the same but have seen first hand it doesn’t quite go to plan like club football. I enjoyed it all the same and I’m sure the boys you know enjoyed it aswell, it’s a good experience.

I’d imagine the committee would be delighted to have more people put themselves forward for it, especially guys like you mentioned that have been successful. 

Your comment is factually incorrect though, I suspect you will say Mickey Mouse league, but won a league all the same. And major ;)

Edited by Dinsey

17 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Believe it or not mate, it’s not a sought after position and there aren’t a lot of people clambering for it. 

It suited me because I couldn’t commit this season to every week but I can see what people don’t want it having just experienced it. 

You get no thanks, you definitely can’t please everyone and everybody else can do a better job. Before I done it, I said the same but have seen first hand it doesn’t quite go to plan like club football. I enjoyed it all the same and I’m sure the boys you know enjoyed it aswell, it’s a good experience.

I’d imagine the committee would be delighted to have more people put themselves forward for it, especially guys like you mentioned that have been successful. 

Your comment is factually incorrect though, I suspect you will say Mickey Mouse league, but won a league all the same. And major ;)

Have you given it up Dinsey? Just concentrating on Lauriston or combining it?

49 minutes ago, Lowland League Follower said:

Have you given it up Dinsey? Just concentrating on Lauriston or combining it?

I’m not sure at the moment mate. If there is someone that can put more time into it and watch a lot more games than I can that wants to do it then I’d be happy to step aside if it benefits the association . Last season Mikey and myself watched a lot of games to see as many players as possible, obviously this year will be limited to teams we play against or when we have free weeks. 

Equally, I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again if the committee wanted me to. 

Edited by Dinsey

4 hours ago, toogoodforthislevel said:

The Lothian vale guys surley in for a shout , they are managing to attract the top players to there new club. Players obviously want to play for them

A hope that’s a wind up for starters, Stevie and Acky won’t get the job because the lack of respect they show other teams and the way they let some of there players go on, on social media so that cancels them straight away. 

A think Ryan at Salvesen would of done a good job and Alan at Tollcross. Even Danderhall manager but I do believe you can’t be in another role with a club at the same time as trying to fufil your Select manager role 

6 hours ago, toogoodforthislevel said:

The Lothian vale guys surley in for a shout , they are managing to attract the top players to there new club. Players obviously want to play for them

Certainly talks a good game for sure but let’s wait till they actually kick a ball in ernest next season :thumsup2 :thumsup2

5 hours ago, puma king said:

Certainly talks a good game for sure but let’s wait till they actually kick a ball in ernest next season :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Aye cos it'll be easy to judge them in a division they win a game by 10 goals every week eh? Only challenge they will have is cup games which are 1 off games. If the select manager has any sense he will stay clear of lothian vale players

On 23/05/2019 at 09:38, toogoodforthislevel said:

what top players cos theyve only got players that couldnt get a game at sandys and all the good sandys players laughed at them