The AEW Thread

TheGoon

They debuted Danielson, Cole, Suzuki and Ruby on the same show. I can't ever remember so many surprise appearances on one night, outwith Royal Rumble one-shots.

I hope that Hangman dethroning Kenny is still the ultimate outcome, but their roster is so stacked now, he might be waiting a while yet.

I didn’t think I’d ever get this excited about wrestling again. It’s just so fun, at every level. Once NJPW gets theor act together and some sort of UK scene develops again it’ll be even better. 

Monday night American Football is about to start again very soon, so Raw could be in real trouble.

I genuinely don't know what the WWE can do at this stage to get any momentum back. Even when The Rock returns, everyone knows it's probably only going to be for one or two appearances. I imagine guys like Owens, Zayn, Cesaro and Nakamura will be looking enviously at their pals in AEW and wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Monday night American Football is about to start again very soon, so Raw could be in real trouble.

I genuinely don't know what the WWE can do at this stage to get any momentum back. Even when The Rock returns, everyone knows it's probably only going to be for one or two appearances. I imagine guys like Owens, Zayn, Cesaro and Nakamura will be looking enviously at their pals in AEW and wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.

I honestly thing those guys might be settled now. Could be wrong. The likes of your Ricochet, Cedric Alexander, Jeff Hardy etc though I could see practically begging to get let out. 

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I didn’t think I’d ever get this excited about wrestling again. It’s just so fun, at every level. Once NJPW gets theor act together and some sort of UK scene develops again it’ll be even better. 

Same here. I pretty much completely fell out of love with WWE. Raw feels like it lasts a year, Dynamite flies by every week. 

WWE rushed Brock back at Summerslam to try and counter the Punk hype. What do they do this week?

2 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Same here. I pretty much completely fell out of love with WWE. Raw feels like it lasts a year, Dynamite flies by every week. 

WWE rushed Brock back at Summerslam to try and counter the Punk hype. What do they do this week?

Aye. They never seem to get it’s stories and big hyped matches that get people in. Balor/Reigns would’ve done that, but it loses something when they just run it back at the PPV weeks later, like they do all of their matches. WWE still do big moments/returns as good as anyone, but it means very little when the c**t at the centre of it is never on TV. 

With Punk, they're really big time players now. With the addition of Bryan, they will surely bring in more part time fans who haven't been following the industry that closely for years.

With the roster they have now, it feels like a new dawn/Era whatever you want to call it is beginning in wrestling.

That was something else, top to bottom just a sensational show. It feels like they are on the verge of a huge breakout. The ratings numbers this week are going to be very interesting! Also loved this clip of Danielson in the media scrum.

https://twitter.com/omegastatement/status/1434749051946221570?s=19

Just watched Punk and Darby right now. Absolutely fantastic stuff, big event feel to it. 

Punk hasn't missed a step.

Darby Allin looks like a fucking hell of a performer. If he can keep working with top guys like Punk, he's got to be an absolute superstar at some point.