The AEW Thread

TheGoon

They say any publicity is good publicity! 

They’ve punted 10,000 tickets in just over an hour of the pre-sale for Chicago. Without anything (officially) announced, in a market they’re hitting 3 times two weeks later. That’s bananas. Only for one hour of TV as well.   

32 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

They say any publicity is good publicity! 

They’ve punted 10,000 tickets in just over an hour of the pre-sale for Chicago. Without anything (officially) announced, in a market they’re hitting 3 times two weeks later. That’s bananas. Only for one hour of TV as well.   

"Tinpot"

36 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Old man Vince claiming that he doesn't regard AEW as competition while at the same time he is phoning up their sponsors to try and grass them up.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1421266340447326209?s=19

They pulled all these PR tricks in the past against WCW. 

Hell, he's the reason for Blood & Guts. 

I doubt it'd have been Vince in any case as I doubt he's ever watched it.

The social media response would have alerted them and they won't have been happy with Moxley telling them to 'chill out' either.

Punk will get me watching. I want to watch the weekly stuff but I really couldn’t take to the show when I watched back in April. Then again, it’s not like WWE’s weekly programming is any good either.

21 minutes ago, forameus said:

If the PPVs were as easy to pick up as WWE with the Network, I'd probably be getting into it too.  I assume they're still considerably more expensive given you're buying individually?  

£20, which as there’s only 4 a year I can justify. They’ll probably have their own Network down the line you’d think. 

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

£20, which as there’s only 4 a year I can justify. They’ll probably have their own Network down the line you’d think. 

Time Warner & Discovery are meant to be merging. I'd imagine with their relationship with Warner they'd end up on whatever streaming service wins out from Hbomax / Discovery+

I mean regular CZW, sure. But Rock/Austin, HHH/Foley, Flair/Rhodes, Austin/Bret, Batista/HHH, Savage/Flair, JBL/Cena & Guerrero, Cody vs Dustin, Joe vs Angle etc, etc were all violent, all relied on bloody heavily, and were all fantastic. AEW go to the well with blood too often, but it has a place. 

Definitely has a place for me, even as a shock tactic.  Not the best example as I wouldn't recommend it, but look at Lesnar performing surgery on Orton with his elbows.  The moment he rolls over and you see the blood really elevates what was probably a fairly middling Lesnar match. I think WWE are a bit too guarded on it (although I can see why) as now that blading is (probably rightly) outlawed, seeing a little bit of blood becomes an exciting thing.

But not sure I'd see it the same if it becomes gratuitous.  If everyone's bleeding buckets in every match, what's the point?