The AEW Thread

TheGoon

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

War Games/Blood and Guts is fast becoming my favourite gimmick match. It always seems to deliver.

It’s weird because there’s so many bad old ones, but the newer generations always seem to manage to knock it out the park. 

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s weird because there’s so many bad old ones, but the newer generations always seem to manage to knock it out the park. 

Yeah, I think every one has been good since NXT started doing them. I'm sure WWE will ruin the match when they decide to use it to settle the annual 2 week blood feud between Raw and Smackdown.

30 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The bouncy castle bump never looks good.

I don't know why they don't just use a sheet of really thin metal to cover the crash pads. It wouldn't be any more painful than the rubbery plastic shit that they keep using and would look infinitely better. f**k, even tinfoil would look better. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

The problem with the bump was the camera work. They just needed to disguise it better and there wouldn't be any issue with it.

Yeah, I hated how it looked but it could’ve been disguised. I wasn’t a big fan of the finish itself though, faces looked like idiots 

Yeah, I hated how it looked but it could’ve been disguised. I wasn’t a big fan of the finish itself though, faces looked like idiots 
I think this match could have benefited by waiting until they had a full crowd. There isn't the same experience watching mjf climbing up on top, with jericho taking a pause between every rung on the scaffold, without a proper pop. With more of a crowd and obviously having the finish towards the crowd they did actually have, it would have been much better. It needed that crowd interaction for that finish to work. I did think the match was a success otherwise though.

As an aside, omega is bang average with promos. Love watching him wrestle, but his promo work is lacking.