The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Tully looked great, nice reunion with the horsemen afterwards too. 

Big Show just cut probably the most articulate promo of his life and at a fair speed also. I wonder who the mystery signing is going to be. I'm guessing it'll be Scurll or Blanchard. 

Mark Henry for the big reveal? Not sure signing him and Big Show in the space of a week would be a tremendous look, but if it’s a hybrid role like Wight’s I’d be into it

What Tony Khan had to say on it

[Wight] told the world, and it’s true, that there’s going to be a big star signed with AEW. He’s coming here and it’s absolutely true what Paul said, this Sunday, a major star in the world of wrestling. A huge, huge star is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the pay-per-view. So, I can confirm what Paul said is true. And I’m not talking about the person in the ladder match. I’m talking about, you know, we have a fun sixth person in the ladder match, but the person that I’m saying is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW, the person that Paul referenced, that’s not the sixth person in the ladder match. There’s two…you know that’s a different surprise.

If it's a multi-year contract it wouldn't shock me if the bring in someone from another sport as a bit of a project. They've shown with Shaq, Cargill and Anthony Ogogo off training somewhere they'll take chances on people. As well as that blink and you'll miss it Tyson with MMA entourage.

I'm not too sure they would hype up Kurt Angle in this way when he's been on his podcast basically saying he's done. He didn't want to wait it out for someone special so that's why Corbin ended up as his final opponent since he was free.

EDIT:

With Punk saying it's not him. Brock is maybe a possibility. Otherwise i'd guess it has to be Kurt.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

I was just gonna post the above in spoiler tags...but aye, their legal officer’s latest Twitter follow. I do like Christian and I think it’d be a really cool moment...but I don’t know that I really see him fitting in AEW’s roster? Especially with the age is now. I’d much rather a final Edge & Christian run, and I thought that’s where WWE were headed for Fastlane.