The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I think it's a testament to how good Brodie Lee was that he actually managed to elevate The Dark Order from a faction that was hated by the fans and journalists into one of the most popular groups on the card. I think his passing obviously had something to do with it as they've had to turn face but the group has huge potential and are hugely entertaining to watch.

NJPW have an announcement at 3pm our time. Apparently that's midnight in Japan, so that HAS to be related to this surely. Added to Moxley/KENTA now being a NJPW rivalry after the last episode of Strong. I'd guess there's going to be a link between NJPW Strong and AEW.

2 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

NJPW have an announcement at 3pm our time. Apparently that's midnight in Japan, so that HAS to be related to this surely. Added to Moxley/KENTA now being a NJPW rivalry after the last episode of Strong. I'd guess there's going to be a link between NJPW Strong and AEW.

Just a "tv" deal with Roku here & in North America. 

Yeah, seen that, and decided never to think about it again. When I seen they did a deal with Roku, I was a bit interested until I seen what it entailed.

EDIT: I do think there'll be the relationship I mentioned though.

Edited by Andre Drazen

2 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Yeah, seen that, and decided never to think about it again. When I seen they did a deal with Roku, I was a bit interested until I seen what it entailed.

EDIT: I do think there'll be the relationship I mentioned though.

As AEW were never that restrictive with their talent accepting other bookings that's not surprising. It's just been NJPW being in a huff due to having their on US expansion plans, as well as the relationship with RoH they didn't want to be seen as breaking.

With the change in NJ management and pandemic ending touring both for RoH and NJOA, those reasons are largely gone.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

As AEW were never that restrictive with their talent accepting other bookings that's not surprising. It's just been NJPW being in a huff due to having their on US expansion plans, as well as the relationship with RoH they didn't want to be seen as breaking.

With the change in NJ management and pandemic ending touring both for RoH and NJOA, those reasons are largely gone.

I don't see a full on arrangement happening tbh. Strong and AEW would be good for both though. Constant exchange of talent is possible there, including when NJ send someone big on an extended stay there like they always do, which means big names could appear in the future like KENTA just did.

Chris Jericho's wife causing a bit of a storm online. Uploaded a picture that confirms she was at the Capitol Riot with a flag that says 'Women for Trump' and then started mouthing off about how she will give Biden the 'same respect you treated mine'.

f**k sake.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Chris Jericho's wife causing a bit of a storm online. Uploaded a picture that confirms she was at the Capitol Riot with a flag that says 'Women for Trump' and then started mouthing off about how she will give Biden the 'same respect you treated mine'.

f**k sake.

Wonder what Kelly Kelly's thoughts are?

Guest bernardblack
8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k sake.

He’s a big donater to Trump so it’s no surprise. 

9 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

He’s a big donater to Trump so it’s no surprise. 

Wrestling seems to be a republican 'thing' in America.

The McMahon's and Khan's donated loads to Trump. Taker donated something like $10k per month. 

There's obviously left leaning wrestling personalities too (Jim Cornette and Mick Foley are 2 off the top of my head) but the main players seem to be Trump daft.