The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Furthermore, absolutely don't disagree that a 2 hour show is better than a 3 hour show - regardless of content. I've watched a few individual matches on AEW that I've been recommended and they can put on one hell of a fucking match at times - Cody Rhodes in particular. Last 2 matches I watched with him involved were him vs Dustin Rhodes and him in a cage - both were superb and absolutely fantastic.

The last WWE match I enjoyed was the Boneyard Match so it's not as if I'm an -'old man yelling at the moon type'. I like a bit of a hook than a carnival type show but maybe I'm too old school that 'internet fans' file my views in the bin now.

I now find behind the scenes stuff more interesting than anything going on today.

2 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I love Cornette and agree with him about 95% of the time. AEW could do worse than get him in as an advisor, but the PC brigade will never let it happen.

It's quite amusing that if people actually listened to him instead of jumping on his populist sound bites, they'd realise he's one of the more left wing Americans going these days! 

Their roster seems to have inexperienced guys coming in and out too much. Before I stopped watching, Private Party were coming through, and they were botch-a-riffic. But there seemed to be something there with them, and the crowd connected with them in a big way.

They definitely have guys who are breaking through. They've done a great job of building Adam Page for a while now, and Eddie Kingston has burst onto the scene with proper gusto. The older hands all add something. I think for the most part, the old hands are doing their jobs well too, and Omega is going to make a great figurehead for them in the short term at least.

I'm a big fan of spotfests and stuff, but there needs to be some sort of flow, and it can't look TOO choreographed. If it DOES look that choreographed, it needs to be done at a rate of knots. The Lucha Bros are excellent at that latter thing, and I can definitely enjoy that.

The only person that's buried Jericho is Jericho. And having listened to Cornette, up until midway last year they were saying Jericho was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then it all went wrong for Jericho... I wonder why.

As an a side, Cornette despite not being on TV continues to be one of the most over people in wrestling. Quite astounding.

I didn’t mind him from time to time but his sheer hatred of Asian wrestlers, women especially was enough to be able to safely file his old men yells at cloud opinions in the bin. He’ll always appeal to the people that most likely agreed with every word of Undertaker’s locker room nonsense on Rogan, and fair play to him he knows that audience well and milks it dry.

Cornette's good points are buried beneath his absolute hatred of things he doesn't personally like.

He takes things way too far and comes across as an absolute piece of shit. His searing loathing of Kenny Omega had him calling Omega a paedophile and other unpleasant stuff. His personal stuff against Joey Janella is way over the top.

He also seems to be a bit of a bully.

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cornette's good points are buried beneath his absolute hatred of things he doesn't personally like.

He takes things way too far and comes across as an absolute piece of shit. His searing loathing of Kenny Omega had him calling Omega a paedophile and other unpleasant stuff. His personal stuff against Joey Janella is way over the top.

He also seems to be a bit of a bully.

He’s a complete p***k of a man, but he plays to the gallery and unfortunately will always have some degree of relevancy as a result.