TheGoon

The AEW Thread

Kane has started an account on Parler.

Another one outed as a horrible b*****d.

Kane has started an account on Parler.
Another one outed as a horrible b*****d.

He’s a self-proclaimed libertarian mayor

AEW do a good job of having their stories intersect which leads to nice segments like the Moxley/Elite one there. I’d be right up for some 6 mans involving them and the Lucha Bros at some point. 

The Elite turned out to be Omega and the Good Brothers, even though Kenny baited them, the Young Bucks still protected him from a Moxley attack after the match. Interested to see where they go from here.

Aw man, Jungle Boy’s theme is going to be tremendous when fans are back.

Darby is out of his mind. Great main event from him and Cage, good show. (Outside of the Waiting Room) 

On 14/01/2021 at 02:12, TheGoon said:

Aw man, Jungle Boy’s theme is going to be tremendous when fans are back.

Totally agreed, just goes to show its worth spending the cash for these things rather than just having a generic theme.

Really enjoyable main event from the Inner Circle tonight.

What is this absolute nonsense!?

Jericho needs to either bin the lionsault or lose 3-4 stone. Nearly killed himself tonight

Came here after seeing jericho. Pains me to say it but he might be done

11 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Came here after seeing jericho. Pains me to say it but he might be done

I think he's still capable of the odd cracker here and there, but he's ultimately been this way for a number of years.

He's healthy enough to do a tag team street fight with lots of meaningless plunder stuff and three other guys to do most of the work. This is pretty much a perfect match to hide any potential problems.

Quite the lengthy build for it. Looking forward to the match but they’ll really need to step up what Sting’s been doing in recent weeks.

AEW is not as good as people make it out to be. Watched it the other night and then watched that ridiculous botch a few posts up. I don't know why the Internet has a hard on for it. The flippy shit is embarrassing and there's not enough good storylines.

Being better than a 3 hour Raw doesn't make it good. Fs.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

AEW is not as good as people make it out to be. Watched it the other night and then watched that ridiculous botch a few posts up. I don't know why the Internet has a hard on for it. The flippy shit is embarrassing and there's not enough good storylines.

Being better than a 3 hour Raw doesn't make it good. Fs.

The last couple weeks haven't been the best. AEW suffers not having a proper crowd more than anyone.

If you haven't seen the shows/ppvs with fans, go check it out. The dynamite with the Cody v Wardlow cage match in particular is fantastic.

The main difference, for me anyway, is that whether Dynamite is bad or good, it's easy to watch. Raw feels like a lifetime, Dynamite is a quick two hours. 

10 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

The last couple weeks haven't been the best. AEW suffers not having a proper crowd more than anyone.

If you haven't seen the shows/ppvs with fans, go check it out. The dynamite with the Cody v Wardlow cage match in particular is fantastic.

The main difference, for me anyway, is that whether Dynamite is bad or good, it's easy to watch. Raw feels like a lifetime, Dynamite is a quick two hours. 

Must admit, the last show I watched prior to that was Jake the Snake's 2nd appearance (and it was Jake the Snake that got me watching). 

Jim Cornette is a well ridiculed figure but if anyone actually listened to his podcast opposed to reading his disc jockey esque snippets then it's hard to disagree with a lot of what he says. Dick or not.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit, the last show I watched was Jake the Snake's 2nd appearance (and it was Jake the Snake that got me watching). 

Jim Cornette is a well ridiculed figure but if anyone actually listened to his podcast opposed to reading his disc jockey esque snippets then it's hard to disagree with a lot of what he says. Dick or not.

I love Cornette and agree with him about 95% of the time. AEW could do worse than get him in as an advisor, but the PC brigade will never let it happen.