The AEW Thread

TheGoon

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Agreed. The Spanish fly is also massively over-used IMO.

Canadian Destroyer too, which is a ludicrous move in the first place.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Was listening to one of JR’s podcast from previous weeks “survivor series 2000”. He was adamant that AEW will make another hour a week of wrestling.

Hopefully when they do they don’t make dynamite 3 hours.

It's already been confirmed they have a third show coming.

Yeah it’s coming next year, and it’ll probably be similar to the special they did after the NBA this year, more focused on secondary talent with Dark essentially acting as developmental/stat-padding when needed. 

On 17/12/2020 at 09:49, honestly united said:

Is Dark worth watching, and if so is it easy to find / on TV?

I think it definitely is. There was a spell where it was just a bunch of stuff thrown in, but every week now they have belting matches among the squashes and storyline development. The bigger roster has been a huge benefit for dark 

Beyond tragic. It speaks volumes that in a world as shitty and exploitative as wrestling nobody has anything but good things to say about the man. In and out the ring. Was just hitting his prime too. By all accounts he was a real family man and had a really close knit and loving family behind man. RIP. 

This is just way beyond tragic. Guy had so much left in the tank professionally and personally. I remember watching a 24/7 documentary (or whatever preceeded those) on the network a few years back and it lifted the lid on him. He was such a well spoken, chilled out seeming guy and I alway liked nd found an appreciation for him in that. Felt sorry for him as well in WWE as there was so much more there. As was being said by a few posters above, he had just hit his stride in AEW. I'll admit, his absence from TV for a long time without explanation did begin to raise questions as to why he wasn't being used.

I also read last week that AEW had a dark match after Dynamite where his 8 year old kid came down and beat Kenny for the title. Most commentors wondered what that was about and speculated it was filming a skit for the Elite webshow or something as Brodie Lee was a regular on it. 

AEW have obviously been aware of the serious and graveness of the situation and keeping his family, particularly his poor 8 year old kid, close to them and rallying together. 

Fucking travesty. That's all it is. 41 years old is nothing. That it has happened to a 41 year old full time athlete with no apparent dependency issues is horrible. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Juat woke up to this news. Genuinely gutted, as others have said he was just reaching the peak of his career and his work in AEW was outstanding but it's the fact that a 41 year old man has left his wife and kids that hits home. Such a shame. RIP big fella.

Went back and watched the 2014 Elim Chamber and Battleground Wyatt Family matches. Genuinely great matches and the crowd was so hot for the Wyatts back in the day. Wyatt and Lee were two of the reasons I got back into the fed as their gimmick and the Wyatt Compound promos felt genuinely unique and a buzz. Was interested to see what Brodie Lee could do in AEW away from the dumb as hell booking from Vince and it’s a shame we’ll never get to see it and a much bigger and horrible shame that he’ll never get to grow old with his family. In shock.