The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Really solid show, with an excellent opening match and promo. Looking forward to Darby/Jericho next week but a bit annoyed they’ve booked Baker/Riho for the title for no apparent reason. Still early days so it is what it is I suppose. 

I think the number will be slightly down on last week which is to be expected but should still be ahead of NXT (which by all accounts was a solid show too but I feel they’ve already lost a bit of their buzz)

9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Jim Ross is so far off it sometimes it’s painful to listen to :( 

He needs to go.

He adds absolutely nothing and so often sounds bored or that he doesn't give a shit.

I don't really rate Britt Baker anymore. Hopefully she can get me back on side, but at the moment I'm not enjoying her work. The random title shot is odd too.

Opening match was a banger. I love Private Party right now.

I felt a bit sorry for Jake Hager when Y2J was burying his schtick. We The People is what has him over for his MMA fights too. But I can understand them distancing themselves from WWE gimmicks.

12 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

I don't really rate Britt Baker anymore. Hopefully she can get me back on side, but at the moment I'm not enjoying her work. The random title shot is odd too.

Opening match was a banger. I love Private Party right now.

I felt a bit sorry for Jake Hager when Y2J was burying his schtick. We The People is what has him over for his MMA fights too. But I can understand them distancing themselves from WWE gimmicks.

I took the We The People put down as Jericho heeling it up.

That episode confirmed the eventual MJF turn on Cody. It will be brilliant when it happens. From 2 minutes onwards in the video below. I think it'll happen in the Full Gear main event. MJF won't have a match on the card, which will play in to the narrative.

Also I think we can predict most of the Full Gear Card now;

Confirmed

Jericho (le champion) vs Cody for the AEW title

Moxley vs Omega

Predicted

Jake Hagar vs Hangman Page

Young Bucks vs Santana and Ortiz

Dustin vs Sammy Guevera

Final of the tag team tournament

Britt Baker vs Riho for the AEW Woman's title