The AEW Thread

TheGoon

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Now that he’s back hopefully the push Adam Cole will likely receive dwindles fairly quickly. Credit where it’s due, he’s alright on the mic and plays the heel fairly; however inside the ropes I think he’s incredibly beige and “Panama sunrise” is one of those moves that shouldn’t be a move. 

It’ll be interesting to see where they go with him initially though as I don’t see him being stabled with the Bucks again now that Kenny Omega is back. Some shite about feeling neglected by the Bucks for their pal Kenny while out injured leading to a Cole-Omega could be a decent feud especially now the best-of-seven has concluded. 

Did you hear the reaction he got the other night? He should absolutely be in the mix with the other main eventers, and will be. 

I'm in the camp of never actually having seen anything they've done, yet they were still so incredibly recognisable, and genuinely terrifying looking.  Don't need to have watched them much to know they were very good at what they did, and obviously 38 is no age to go, no matter who you are.  Awful stuff.

6 hours ago, forameus said:

I'm in the camp of never actually having seen anything they've done, yet they were still so incredibly recognisable, and genuinely terrifying looking.  Don't need to have watched them much to know they were very good at what they did, and obviously 38 is no age to go, no matter who you are.  Awful stuff.

Yeah. It's a rare thing to have that utter mentalist look. Both Briscoes had that look that you'd cross the road if you were walking past them. But going by fan testimonies, they pretty much belied that and were good guys.

Brodie Lee had it as well. Its a great asset for a wrestler and something that can't be taught.

Police now released statement saying that the driver of the other car, also a pick up truck, has for reasons unknown, drifted onto Briscoe's side of the road and collided head on with his vehicle. Neither he nor the woman in the other car were wearing seat belts and both died at the scene. Both children were wearing seat belts.

Sounds like he had absolutely no chance to avoid the other car. 

Sounds like at least one of the kids is in a bad way, but hopefully the tragedy is done.  But...no seatbelt, man.  f**k sake.  I will never understand what compels people to do that.  Not trying to sound like I'm victim blaming, but it's very possible that with that on his kids don't lose their dad.  It's really not worth it.  Fucking tragic.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Neither he nor the woman in the other car were wearing seat belts and both died at the scene. Both children were wearing seat belts.

Sounds like he had absolutely no chance to avoid the other car. 

According to the police report the other driver was wearing their seatbelt.

The driver of the Silverado 1500, identified as 27-year-old Lillyanne Ternahan of Frankford, Delaware, was wearing her seatbelt. The driver of the Silverado 2500, identified as 38-year-old Jamin Pugh of Laurel, Delaware, was not wearing his seatbelt.

The whole thing is tragic. When I woke up this morning there was a clip being shared of him practicing one his daughter's cheerleader routines. Don't know how many realised at the time he and his daughters were on their way back from practice.

Hopefully they both end up being okay.