The AEW Thread

TheGoon

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He got injured on an indie date a few months back. A mix of that and putting the greater emphasis on Christian dynamic has kept him off screen presumably.

He's not been featured much since the dildo on a tray incident. Last month he was apparently auditioning for The Voice in the US and made it through.

Reports are Rey Fenix didn't break his arm just - obviously from the footage - very badly dislocated his elbow.

Whether that means he'll be back any quicker I don't know as I'd guess they'd have to be pretty certain it won't happen again easily and/or the muscles around the elbow are built back up etc

Cody has covid, so Tomorrow night's Battle of the Belts is Dustin Rhodes v Sammy Guevara for the INTERIM TNT title.

Interim titles in wrestling is actually a really cool concept, especially with the increase in injuries across the whole industry. 

Considering the promise of Battle of the Belts and the first of the TNT specials, what's actually happening is rather underwhelming.

1hr show, a 3rd match only added the night before, and no buy-in to lead into the show.

It has been a rather poor promotional attempt considering their usual efforts.

Up until the obvious, thought Jake Atlas had a really impressive debut.

Agree on the above. I know it’s only an hour and Wednesday was the priority, but I thought those TNT specials would be much, much bigger deals. Not great to start the first one off with such a meh card.

Kenny Omega seems to be having an absolute nightmare on Twitter. Challenging people to fights, saying he's being bullied and making fun of trolls by saying they look like child abusers. It's all in response to some pretty horrible Twitter abuse, but he's just completely fed the trolls.

Bit of a meltdown all told.

Edited by Ludo*1

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kenny Omega seems to be having an absolute nightmare on Twitter. Challenging people to fights, saying he's being bullied and making fun of trolls by saying they look like child abusers. It's all in response to some pretty horrible Twitter abuse, but he's just completely fed the trolls.

Bit of a meltdown all told.

Cornette's podcast should be worth listening to this week then!

On 08/01/2022 at 03:43, AFCDannyFTH said:

Hook is fucking awesome. 

Saw this kid for the first time on Rampage last night. Might just have been that first time I’ve seen him was a beige match but didn’t come close to living up the hype for me, thought the “character” was utterly shit. Not sure if he’s meant to be some sort of badass, but matched with his age/appearance it comes across more “teen with anger issues”. 

Whilst I’m having a rant about not getting the hype and shit characters - Adam Cole! Awful.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Saw this kid for the first time on Rampage last night. Might just have been that first time I’ve seen him was a beige match but didn’t come close to living up the hype for me, thought the “character” was utterly shit. Not sure if he’s meant to be some sort of badass, but matched with his age/appearance it comes across more “teen with anger issues”. 

Whilst I’m having a rant about not getting the hype and shit characters - Adam Cole! Awful.

The entire Tony thread was more acceptable than this