The AEW Thread

TheGoon

6 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Very ready for CM Punk/Eddie. Everything Kingston says just feels real, there’s very few like him. 

That promo with the two of them was just class, Kingston is easily one of the best mic men in the business 

Also, I like that they've not gone down the traditional face/heel route with this, you could have had Eddie being a sneaky b*****d and doing something snide to tip the fans fully towards Punk - instead we just have two guys who have a beef with one another and both have a point, so the crowd are behind both guys.

In the Punk Kingston segment, Punk said something about Dynamite/Full Gear being above Kingston's level. The way he said it though was so condescending to those on Dark and Elevation, and I hope they keep that in the back burner to build someone up further down the line.

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

In the Punk Kingston segment, Punk said something about Dynamite/Full Gear being above Kingston's level. The way he said it though was so condescending to those on Dark and Elevation, and I hope they keep that in the back burner to build someone up further down the line.

100%, that and the *my ring" comments I see as the direction he'll go when he turns heel.

12 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

AEW really struck gold when they signed Kingston, an absolute legend 

He's tremendous on the mic, one of the very top tier in terms of authenticity and getting folk to buy into him. Its unreal that a guy as talented as him has struggled along for the last two decades without cutting a single meaningful break.