The AEW Thread

TheGoon

It would be endlessly hilarious if they bring Punk back for the money, and then the first chance he gets at a press conference or with an open mic in the ring, he starts with "As I was saying about Hangman fucking Page..."

Just read that post from Punk, and he comes across slightly better because of it (as long as it's an accurate record of what happened, and...hmmm).  If they were pushing him to wrestle even while not cleared, that's reeeeally not a good look for the company.  It would also partly explain why Punk came out as grumpy as he did, but given from this post that he seems to put a lot of the blame at Moxley and Tony, it still doesn't really justify coming out in the press conference with his sights set on Page, The Elite and Colt Cabana.  Or the fight after.  

Looks very much like he won't be back now, how do you even start to mend the bridges that he's now setting fire to for a second time?

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Just read that post from Punk, and he comes across slightly better because of it (as long as it's an accurate record of what happened, and...hmmm).  If they were pushing him to wrestle even while not cleared, that's reeeeally not a good look for the company.  It would also partly explain why Punk came out as grumpy as he did

He was posting cardio workouts in the middle of July. Brawling about with Mox the week before the Dynamite match and All Out was less than 2 weeks later.

I think the health part is a little bit overblown.

Aye, but Punk seems to take it that bit further.  Particularly nowadays when wrestling isn't (seemingly) full of really dangerously mental people, most of them with drug problems.  There's probably far more out there who are generally sound, cancelling out some of the ones that are just arseholes.  But Punk seems a very specific kind of arsehole.  I expect if you're "his guy", then he's probably brilliant.  Bit of a geek, seemingly fairly intelligent, probably a laugh in the right circumstances.  But I get the feeling that if you're not his guy, or you say anything towards him, he'll take it personally and seem like a complete dick.  Call it being introverted, or whatever Myers-Briggs pish there is nowadays, but he just seems like a bit of a grumpy goose a lot of the time.  I expect he's made a pretty penny in AEW, probably sitting on a fair whack from his time with WWE still.  He's dabbled in acting.  He "dabbled" in UFC (and got his shit kicked in, but fair dos for trying) He probably has other potential avenues to go into.  He still pens comic books I think.  He gets to go home to AJ Lee.  Turn off Twitter and Instragram and fucking enjoy it, man.  

Expect we'll now see a furious new member called BillPhrooksCMP join up.  Wonder what team he'll say he supports..

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Expect we'll now see a furious new member called BillPhrooksCMP join up.  Wonder what team he'll say he supports..

Old Firm clearly, everyone against him not realising he is the constant problem