The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Reckon for MJF vs Starks there will be a DQ finish, probably after MJF just boots him in the balls. MJF will keep the title but Starks will win the Dynamite Ring, as it's never been stated that it can't change hands on a DQ, so as the technical winner Starks will take the ring. MJF will be fuming over this and it be made clear that he didn't realise he'd lose it on a DQ.

The ring will keep and will be referenced at a later date...

Aye, the crowds often just blend into the background unless they're being obnoxious, but that match was noticeable for how hot they were.  I assumed they were just going to give him a strong showing but not win, so nice wee surprise.  Interesting to see where it leads too, as they're now coming out and saying that JAS/BCC stuff is done.  

Good to see them finally breaking out the stips for the best of 7 series.  Was beginning to think they were just going to have 7 near identical matches just with that story running through.  Having the last three (presumably) booked like this should cap things off well.  

And then there's your feud running into Revolution with Danielson back.  I know MJF is a heel, but I hope they really give him a feud and ultimate match that puts him over strong and it's not just a cheat to win situation again.  

Honourable mention for Hangman's promo.  He sold the f**k out of that.

51 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I quite like it tbh 

Agree on Callis though 

Same. It's deliberately over the top and obnoxious to suit their characters.

Callis is a hang over from Omega. They never really got round to writing him out, so he's there, but he adds absolutely nothing.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Same. It's deliberately over the top and obnoxious to suit their characters.

Callis is a hang over from Omega. They never really got round to writing him out, so he's there, but he adds absolutely nothing.

I get the OTT aspect of it. I just find the song annoying. 

10 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Belter of a main event. 

excellent match. Probably the best wrestling match they can put on in the women's division at the moment?  Feel like Hayter should split away from Baker now and just let her be the fighting champ against all comers.